Went to a liquor store with a friend who didn't have her ID, I had mine but they made us leave. I went back alone later and still got turned away?

Im 23 and have a valid license so I was going to pay, my friend did not have her ID. How long is this liquor store allowed to turn me away for if I go back alone? Can they just keep turning me away as long as they remember me if I have a valid ID?

Most Helpful Guy

• typically if a person decides to enforce that rule (which is rare) that the all people at the counter have to have ID then they only enforce it during that work shift...

always so stupid when they do enforce that. what if you went in with your child. are they really not going to sell to you because your child doesn't have ID? so silly

• probably was someone who had been in trouble earlier for not carding so they were over enforcing the rules

Most Helpful Girl

• They can get sued if they sell to someone they think is selling to a minor. I'd assume they'll only remember you that same night, though.

• That should say they can get fined. They can get sued if something happens, like a wreck, though.

What Guys Said 1

• They are not required to serve you at all if they think you are helping someone to violate laws regarding underage drinking.

What Girls Said 1

• Sounds like they just don't want to serve you. Try another store.