How would you feel if your SO turned gay?

I noticed that many women would feel completely distraught. If so why?

Most Helpful Girl

• This has happened to me. I was happy for him.

• You were happy for him, did you feel a little betrayed? Hurt?

• Not really. Didn't like him all that much. High school boyfriend.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd be pretty angry since we spent money on a wedding, had a kid and bought a house all for it to come crashing down. but I'd also be somewhat happy that they weren't living a lie.

What Girls Said 8

• Because people don't just turn gay - it'd mean he's been gay all along and our whole relationship was a lie.

• It's okay, we'd just have to end the relationship obviously since that means he's only into dudes.

• Pretty upset because it means he won't want to be with me.

• My SO already is gay, else she wouldn't be my SO

• I'm not sure if I'd be distraught from the rejection or if him being gay would have an additional bearing.

• Traumatized, disgusted and mad!

• So you would be distraught.

• Yeah he would of lost my time and energy... but I doubt it will ever happen because the kind of men I'm attracted to aren't into homosexuality at all..

• "turn?" as far as I know, I don't think people just suddenly "become" gay..

• You can't turn gay.

• You can turn OUT to be gay, and that's what he's referring to here.

What Guys Said 7

• We'll, I'd hate to lose her, but I also understand some people need to try each side of the fence to know what they want and like. I would probably take a break and let her explore this side and if she wanted me back, no problem.

• I'd think she was gay already before she met me or she was at least curious about girls. It doesn't happen suddenly in my opinion.

• You don't just turn gay. But if my girlfriend/wife came out as a lesbian, I would feel so heartbroken.

• So she's bi?
    Me: "Three way or nah?"

• That sounds messed up. I would dump her and I will not have any interest in being friends.

But I don't need to worry about that because I do not date girls who are confused of their sexualities nor ones who just want to experiment with me.

• I'd probably feel hurt and quite annoyed at her for leading me on like that.

• You can't turn gay. You either are or aren't.