Do you pay attention to brand names at all when purchasing things?

Is the brand name a factor in your decison making when purchasing something?

Most Helpful Guy

• Very rarely. For some food and personal hygiene goods I like to buy brand products. But for things like clothing or technology I really don't care. In fact, when I buy clothes I prefer no name products over stuff from big brands (also because I don't want to support the often terrible work situation of the employees in big companies).

• For tech you don't care for brand? :o
      Samsung Tv > Dynex or RCA :3

• @Ihav2fart That might be, I can't judge. What I'm saying is that I don't pay attention to specific brands. I in fact bought a new TV last fall because my girlfriend and me moved in together. To be honest, I don't even remember what brand it is. I really don't care whether it's Samsung or Sony or what else there is out there. The only thing I care about is: does it work? When I went to the shop I let a friendly employer advise me on what TV to buy. I knew that I want a rather expensive TV because that usually ensures quality. But as for brand... I really don't care. I'm not very good with or interested in technology to be honest, so I also don't care about all those technical features. I have literally no idea how this menu works where you can record stuff and buy on-demand movies and stuff like that. My girlfriend actually knows more about this stuff than I do. Just think of me as your typical grandma: I want a TV with a turn on/off button, 20-50 channels and no flickering. If these

• expectations are fulfilled, I'm fine. My last TV was a 20-year old thing that my parents gave me when they bought a new one themselves. It was flickering really badly and sometimes the picture turned purple and green. So compared to that, almost any TV is a big improvement :-).

What Girls Said 14

• Yes, all the time, except for clothes. For clothes I don't really mind the brand, although I usually go to certain shops unless there's discount in other shops.

For tech stuffs I only stick to the few brands I like and have no problem with. For food, absolutely yes. I hate buying other brands by accident like for instance trying to buy brand A of ketchup sauce but accidentally bought brand B's - the taste is different and I hate it A LOT. -_-

• Depends what I'm buying.

• Yeah. Like, if I notice it's a brand name, I don't buy it because I'm not spending $500 on a t-shirt.

• If you mean price, then yes.

I'm so poor

cdn4.thr.com/.../dawson_crying.jpg

Only the best Crispy Hexagons for me
    photos1.blogger.com/.../CrispyHexagons.1.jpg

• electronics, small appliances - yes. certain brands hold up very well
    food - sometimes
    clothes - no. for that i pay more attention to fit and stitching

• depends on what, but yeah i do pay attention

• yes but mainly so I know I'm buying something reputable, I wouldn't just pay for a name, well up to a point at least I guess (except bags, am quite a snob for bags!!)

• I mostly just notice. I rarely buy name brand stuff..

• Only for tech. Clothes and food I don't really care about. But when I'm looking for a new phone or computer, I'll do more research than for a graduate thesis and usually end up with the same list of established brands.

• I really like Tommy Hilfiger jeans. They fit great and the denim is soft like butter.

• No not at all. I don't feel like being engulfed into stupid consumerism.

• Not really... I enjoy bargain hunting more. But sometimes if I am going to pay a lot of money for, I want to make sure it isn't shoddy (like if I'm spending over $2k for a flatscreen tv, I am going to get one with higher rating).

• For me yes but only because I like to feel good about my self I don't care what other people think of me. every one is beautiful and every one has a different style

• Certain brands I love. I love Nike shoes. I wouldn't buy fake Sperry's. I have been given many name brand purses as gifts. But, I'm the kind of girl you'll catch buying from Goodwill.

What Guys Said 13

• Where it concerns hardware (from cars to a USB thumb drive.)
    Never where it concerns clothing, shoes excepted.

• if I know the brands and products well, yeah.

• brand promotion is expensive. those expenses are cutt out of the manufacturing process hence popular brands have actually lower quality than lesser known ones in the same price range.

• Hmm no I tend to look and enjoy quality products and materials brand names don't mean jack, for me.

• YES. when something has a brand, i immediatly skip over it since i am not paying 50% more just to have a name on shit.

• Yes, but not for everything. I do for electronics, power tools, cars, and certain food related stuff.

• yes, but not with clothes. Only with stuff like car, computer. Never buying a Chinese labtop again lol

• Sometimes. Some brands really are better quality (like toilet paper, hygiene products).

• Yes I do. I find certain brands are either of better quality or suit my needs better.

• not really

• Yeah I pay attention.

• Yes I do pay attention

• Depends on what I am buying.