Should I apologize to my sister after what I did and made her cry, isn't this a joke or would you consider it more?

I was working under my car today and so my sister wanted to help and learn. She is claustrophobic so she hates small spaces so when i showed her under my car she went under slowly and was holding my hand lol. The purpose was an oil change so i showed her how. Near the end i told to stay under the car while i get something. She kept "wait, no i want to come with you" "don't leave me under here alone". So anyways i though it would be funny to yell "oh crap the car is failling!!!". (FYI: I actually put more supports this time cause i knew she would be under so i made sure to secure it even more).

Long story short, she got all worried then after 4 seconds of yelling, i told her it was a joke and that nothing has fallen. She actually beagn crying and i was with her to get out then she just went inside crying. Should i say sorry? did i do any harm to her? I'am 20 and she is 17.

• Yes say sorry, you're a bad big brother
  • It was a joke, don't say sorry
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude that was a bit much lol, if she is scared dont do it next time. I know it was a joke and all but next time dont do it. I had this joke played on me before and it ain't fun, you have mini 2 second heart attack lmao

What Girls Said 4

• I don't think you're a bad brother because you didn't mean it maliciously, but you definitely should apologise. Even if you only meant to joke with her, she was really distressed and upset, so you need to apologise for causing that. But don't beat yourself up about it, you didn't mean to hurt her.

• i would never do something crazy like that. I had extra holds in place cause i know for someone who goes under for the first time, they might tend to hold or move things a lot so i made sure everything was ok, when i do it i don't put on what i put today, it's just faster what i do. I will say sorry, i do kinda feel bad now

• Apologize but you're not a bad brother. Sometimes we do that we think are funny when they're actually quite mean. Just tell her you're sorry and try to be more cautious next time.

• I will say sorry, it's just i didn't know she would cry but i do know she hates tight spaces

• Alright man, well good luck with everything. :)

• thanks :)

• Short answer. Yes you were a jerk. Apologize.

• yeah i said sorry to her cause i know she is scared of small places. I also bough her burger king lol. we're ok now. When i do work on my car and she wants to help out, i don't scare her like that. But she is slowly getting rid of her fear going under the car which is good.

• You're not a bad big brother, but say you're sorry

• i said im sorry and got her a chocolate bar haha

• Haha me and my siblings get on.. sometimes. It's better now we're older, and now I'm at uni so I'm not home all that much tbh :/ . I talk to my middle sister on the phone a lot though and she's coming up to visit on Saturday :)

• that's good :)

What Guys Said 1

• What the fuck of course you should apologize, but it doesn't sound like you had any malicious intent it was just a bad joke, so it doesn't necessarily make you a terrible brother.

• i would never do something crazy like that. I had extra holds in place cause i know for someone who goes under for the first time, they might tend to hold or move things a lot so i made sure everything was ok, when i do it i don't put on what i put today