Who knew love could be so sweet <3 :) ?

This is for the ones that have falen deeply in love with someone.
Did you ever expect it to be so lovely? I sure did not. I didn't think love could be like in the movies. except that it isn't: it's better :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, I know what you mean :-). I have found the love of my life and so I'm very, very happy and head over heels in love :-). In fact, I think we love each other even more now than in the beginning. The first two years are cool because you're so passionate about each other... you have sex twice every day and stuff like that and that's really awesome. But now - and I might sound like your grandparents here - it has become even better because our love has become "deeper". Maybe our fire is not quite as hot anymore as in the beginning but instead we have gained a very deep understanding of each other. My girlfriend has also become my soul mate and in a way, that feels even nicer :-).
    However, I should also say that long relationships are (unfortunately) not just about happiness. For the first 1-2 years, you can keep a relationship rolling simply by having a lot of sex and being silly. But there's a certain point where the relationship starts to also mean work. For some people this comes a little earlier, for others in comes a little later. For my girlfriend and me it started after around 4 years (we've been together for 5 years now). At this point, you realize that in order to keep the relationship positive and healthy and all these things, both people have to be willing to work for it and put time and energy in it. Both people have to be willing to be incredibly happy sometimes but also be incredibly frustrated other times - without simply giving up and screaming "I'm gonna break up with you!" In fact, I believe this to be the biggest secret of decade-long relationships. The most important reason why many people in our grandparents' generation have managed to stay together for their whole life is because they feel extremely committed to their partners. Unfortunately, many young people on the contrary have been influenced by capitalist consumer society where you just "use" something and then you throw it away. Many people have forgotten that love is not just butterflies and rainbows but also the ability to say "wow, you make me so fucking angry today... but I still love you like crazy and that is why I want to work things out with you at any price". If you have this emotional capacity and persistence and a partner who is with you in that boat, you have the perfect preconditions to stay together in a very happy, sweet and fun relationship :-).

• Wow you are incredibly wise

You and your girlfriend seem to be very lucky, because you appear to have the right mindset to last.

haha yeah. Me and my boyfriend have been dealing with the understanding each other and the dealing with each other's moods since the beginning because it is long distance, which comes with aditional challenges.

:) I am so happy though, to be with him.

• "ounce of love" you give, you will get two back (okay, admittedly, it doesn't work with every partner, but it works if he/she is a decent person). And it doesn't have to be skyping of course. Every long-distance couple has their own tricks. For some, texting works better (we couldn't text because I had a really crappy cell phone at that time). For others, emails or even letters do it. Or perhaps a combination. What's important is that you make your partner feel that he/she is still a part of your life, even with the distance. This involvement will prevent jealousy and that already will reduce the risk for big arguments quite a lot. So when you say that your long-distance relationship is tough, I really feel for you. But I just want to encourage you and tell you that you should always try to stay positive. If both people really want the relationship to succeed, it will succeed :-).

• Thank you for the kind advice

Yes. we try to talk to each other a much as we can. Everyday, if possible. And Skype when possible too :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Love in movies seems great, almost like a fairy-tale. I wasn't expecting love to be like that. I thought 'love' would be nice, but something riddled with insecurity, frequent doubts in whether your partner likes you or not, etc..

I've learned otherwise. Love is better than the fairy-tale depictions in movies. Anyone would have a ball and a half living in castles or with everything handed to you on a silver platter. The real life version is greater, and definitely more rewarding. To know that as horrible of a day or week you can be having, lugging yourself around to work, class, studying, etc., and just half an hour spent with your sweetheart can make the all your troubles melt away temporarily. Restore your hope in humanity, in a sense.
    Realize that maybe life isn't so bad, so long as you've got each other. :)

What Guys Said 15

• you lucky female counterpart! hey wait.. if you're my female counterpart.. then my moment is coming too! omgee! :P :P hahaa.

• Yep it is the sweetest thing ever enjoy it while it last and I really hopr it will be for ever for you :) :)

• Enjoy it :D
    I'm a little bit jealous haha. Looking forward to that moment but I'm really really happy for you!

• Did you ever expect it to be so lovely? I sure did not. I didn't think love could be like in the movies. except that it isn't: it's better -> Did you ever expect it to be so lonely? I sure did not. I didn't think love could be like in the movies. except that it isn't: it's worse.

• Well I can't say I've experienced movie caliber love but no I did not know it would be as enjoyable as it was, just don't let it blind you.

• haha nah. Don't worry. I have days like these when I am optimistic as hell and others when I wonder will we ever make it.

But I am embracing the optimism of today :D

• Lol been having similar days as of late as well, but good optimism is always nice.

• Love can be as sweet as it can be cruel

• It's honestly the best feeling in the world, and I feel lucky enough to be in love right now. :)

• Blehhhhhh.

• Love in the first few month is amazing then it tends to get annoying lol but hearing that your love is intact and infinite is a good thing to hear about.

• Here's a song for you and your guy
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgFCCYG6Q_s

• Just enjoy it while it lasts.

• Don't be a downer. That sounded like it will most likely end.
      Sorry if I am wrong.

And yes it is a possibility, but I prefer not to think about it.

• True, true.

• Ohhh something interesting must have happened 😉

• the honeymoon phase fades away in a year or so enjoy it while it last

• It can only feel :)

• I'd rather have sex its a lot more fun and a lot more exciting than love (love is really boring)

• if you say so

But maybe someday you will change your tune ;)

• I need to know how to get it first thats why Im on this site

What Girls Said 9

• well I don't think i have really fallen in love.. and I don't think it could ever be something like a fairy tale.. i really want it to be.. I want something which would last forever.. and we would be loving and and romantic even when we are old.. but i don't think this is possible.. I don't think i'll ever find a guy who would love me like crazy and forever.. others just take advantage of people like me,. so i don't want anyone to break my heart and make me weak... and i'll try my best to keep myself away from love.. :)

• Yeah, love is probably one of the greatest emotions. It has the power to make a person feel like they're on top of the world but it can also be incredibly painful too.

• I wish I can feel it one day, or even just a crush, it's nice to wake up happy and be eager to see your crush in class/school or something like that. It has been 1.5 years that I didn't experiment it.

• You will soon. And when it is real love, it will be even better :)

I am assuming you only had crushes until now. Correct me if I am wrong

• Yeah 1 real crush only :p
      I hope so ^^ !!!

• haha it will :D

It is sooo different.

Hope it happens soon for you

• it really is better ♡
    i tend to want to emulate scenes from manga but what happens naturally is surprisingly better ଘ (੭ु*ˊ꒳​ˋ)੭ु*.°♡

• haha yes. Manga can be entertaining and heart fluttering, but real life is deffinitely better :)

• Aww I'm so happy for you :)

• Don't know what its like. Lost the ability to know how to love someone and know what it is like unfortunately.

• what do you mean?

• But in due time you will love again. I'm sure. And next time it will be the right person. Don't let this get you down. Take your time to heal your heart, but dont stop believing girl.

• Don't stop believing what exactly?

• My love story with my boyfriend feels like a Korean drama for me lol i love it

• Yes it's lovely... ❤️

• I'm glad you're experiencing this :) I haven't yet, maybe someday