Isn't this messed up?

So about two weeks ago, a guy asked for my number. I kind of said no and I regretted it then moved on really quickly since we didn't really talk. My friend keeps saying that she thinks he's cute and that we look good together. I was already having a bad day then she tell me this. She saw him and told him that he should ask for my number again (without me knowing!!) And he responded with "i dont need it anymore." i have to see this guy everyday and now he probably thinks I asked my friend to tell him that. Would you guys get mad if your friend did this to you?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't really think it's messed up. I mean, she could have been more sensitive to the fact that it might be awkward now, but it sounds like she just wanted to look out for your best interests and if she thought this guy liked you, you liked him, you'd be good together, then she obviously was just trying to make you happy. It backfired, but I don't think her intentions are at all messed up.

What Guys Said 1

• Messed up? Definitely not, if Im being completely honest it sounds like you're complaining over nothing. You said that you regretted not giving him your number and if you told that to your friend she might have thought it would be nice to set you too up, she obviously didn't have any bad intentions so you have to be kind of a bitch to get mad at her.

• I didn't sound mad when she told me that. I just said "oh, okay." I didn't come off rude at all. I was just taken off by it. She keeps bugging me about him every single day and I keep telling her Im over it. I get now that she was trying to help me out but I just feel like he thinks Im interested in him now. In the future dont call a girl a bitch

• You handled it pretty well then, and if she keeps bugging you about her tell her that you are completely serious about not being interested in him. If she still continues bugging you about it then you have the right to be mad at her. And thanks for the advice, but Im good.

What Girls Said 1

• She was just trying to help you out girl no need to be mad your complaining over nothing relax.