How do I know if I am a lesbian or not?

Can you give me some hints? signs, that I could be one. Like whats normal if your a lesbian? I mean are some girls really born liking girls or is it something you discover overtime. I mean society shapes us in a way. For example, boy are to taught to be strong and not cry. So, he grows up like boy suppose to be because society told him to be a certain way and act a certain way.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you are over thinking it. Are you sexually attracted to girls rather than boys? If so you are a lesbian.

• I am not sure. Right now, It hard to even think of having a relationship with a anyone really. So, I am not sure. The thing is I am sexual attractive to women or thats what i believe.

• okay I am going to follow you hope its okay!

• not a problem.

Most Helpful Girl

• From my childhood as i remember my self i always was attracted to girls, liked boys stuff. But yeah when i was growing up, society kinda forced me to look more feminine and probably like you i didn't know if i ever will like a men or always will stay crushing with girls. I really dont know how it happened, but after time when i was about 18 years old im kinda started to change, i started to look feminine and whats more i fell in love with a guy for first time and probably that was the biggest cause of this.
    Its kinda hard to say if society ''standarts'' made me to change or it happened by itself. Its like smthg switched in my head and im glad it happened ;D
    Maybe you are not a lesbian, take your time. For women its harder to fell in love, maybe you just havnt found your type yet.

What Guys Said 3

• do you have a desire to have a relationship with a woman? that's pretty much the short and simple test

• is it obvious to yourself that you are attracted to girls.

• I need more information. Just message me because I am bisexual.

What Girls Said 1

• What your describing is called gender norms. If you were a lesbian you would be attracted to other women. You wouldn't find guys desirable. There is some debate between if you're born as whatever sexual orientation you are and being shaped into society as what you are, but my belief is it has to do with genetics. For example a lot of gay guys tend to be a bit more feminine.

• But you agree that society shapes us to like a certain gender. But, I get your point!

• Was your sister always attracttive to girls?

• I don't think so because at one point she did identify herself as bisexual (I honestly think she still is but since she is dating a girl currently she suddenly identifies herself as a lesbian).