My cat of 14 years just passed away. What do I do😔?

He's just lying down with his tongue out and his eyes open 😔. This is the first death of any kind that I have experienced. I have another cat as well and she seems very sad. I picked her up and her ears went back, she reached her paws out, hugged my arm, and started to lick my hand for a couple minutes. I feel so bad for her.. They were friends and played together 😔

What I do about her and what do I do about my other cat that passed away? 💔

810

Most Helpful Girl

• So sorry for your loss. My cat of 17 years passed last week, it's a very sad time. 😿

I'd say bury your cat that has gone and just be comforting to your other kitty. She may want more alone time or more cuddle time. Play it by ear.

Much love. ❤️🐱

• I'm sorry to hear about your cat 😔 Thank you very much for your comment.

• Thank you, fellow friend of felines. 😻

Most Helpful Guy

• Hold a funeral and bury her in a shoe box? That is what most kids do.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 7

• love the alive cat and consider going to the animal shelter to get her a companion.

The other cat, close his eyes, hug him and pet him to say goodbye, put him in a shoe box along with his favorite toys and sit down and wright out a letter why you loved him, how he made you happy, smile, how he rescued you.

Take the box somewhere you know you can bury him and know when the time comes, your other animal friends will join him and keep him company. This will also give you closure and many happy memories.

• Thank you for your opinion. I would've loved to hug him... Sadly he became stiff and I couldn't bare to hug him. I plan to bury him tomorrow. Thank you again

• You can buy your cat a toy to distract her or buy another cat or spend extra time with your cat to help her cope.

• I'm so sorry - I've lost many well-beloved cats and it's always devastating.

Make sure you're allowed to bury the cat in your yard - and say goodbye in your own way and own time. Pet your other cat a lot. Cry. I cried my eyes out when my most recent cat died - it's been 2 years I think and I still tear up when I go near his grave. I couldn't be there when my mom buried him - the last time I saw him he was still alive but fading fast and I couldn't bear to see him dead. I do regret that I didn't see his burial but seriously - I still right now am tearing up thinking about it. And I'm 28. And it's been 2 years.

Don't do anything you think you'll regret though. I missed a chance to really say goodbye. I'm glad I last saw him alive but there also wasn't that finality.

• He was about 13 by the way.

• Oh man I wanted to give you MHO. I wished I didn't give it out so soon

• It's ok but I appreciate it. I was thinking of PMing you the story from my childhood because personal so I think it's better it's not mho.

• You move on and get another one after you mourn.

• I am so sorry! Losing a pet is so devastating.
    You can have him cremated or just bury him in your yard.
    Give the other cat lots of love.

Hang in there! <3

• I am sorry for your cat. Cuddle and interact with your living cat. Cats do get depression so show your cat that you care. Close your other cat's eyes and wrap him in a towl and place him in a small box like a shoe box and bury your cat.

• Barry the dead cat and console the living cat...

• Your opinion doesn't count seeing that you don't even know how to spell bury.

What Guys Said 9

• I'm so sorry! I feel so bad! Have a "funeral" if you have any small kids in your house, or do it for yourself if it makes you feel better. Play with your live cat TONS, to try and cheer her up. Sorry for your loss! Hope I could help!

• Bury the dead cat and get a new companion for the remaining cat.

• Bury it in the garden, that's what we did.

• you give the other one a proper burial, and they other one will get better. you can always get another kitten

• i think you have to look for your local laws. i know for example it´s illegal to just burry it in the back yard, where i live (we did it anyway). we did lose quite a few cat´s and you can be very lucky indeed to have it pass away just like that.

• What do you mean lucky to have it pass away like that?

• Most definitely. Thank you for your opinions and insight man. I wish you the best luck with your future pets :)

• haha we still have 3 cats :) thanks

• Bury your cat. Mourn for however long you feel is necessary. Adopt a shelter kitten.

• You take the day off from work and sort your emotions out. I couldn't imagine if my Pelusa died.

• I would bury the cat in the back yard. If no back yard you can take it to get cremated.

• I'd bury the dead pets in the garden