Worst teacher you've ever had?

I just overheard some of my fellow students talk about my English teacher who they hate, and there main reason is that they think she's weird. I admit she's very eccentric but thats a very shallow reason to hate someone they should be lucky she is not professor umbridge I once had a teacher who had a five paragraph essay due every class and I had class four days in a row. By the end of that semester my sleep schedule was beyond screwed up and I felt like a walking zombie.

Most Helpful Guy

• Mrs. Hinshaw for my Advanced English Lit. teacher in my sophomore year in high school. I busted my ass off on the 8-10 page essays every month, read ALL the books during summer and then re-read them during the regular semester, did 2 extra credit options, and even when I managed to carve out a 79.2% ( she was one fucking tough and a hella' bias grader) she straight looked at me, told me "No, I will not give you that extra 0.8% in order for you to stay in this class, frankly I don't think you put in an honest effort into your work, Sash!" Well, fuck you too bitch! lol god I loathed her so damn much for that!

Most Helpful Girl

• My psychology teacher in high school.
    -refused to retract questions on the test with 'correct' answers that directly contradicted his notes
    -read out of a teaching manual for the am entire unit
    -allowed students to cheat during an extra credit activity, even though everyone saw him watch them cheat and do nothing about it, even after we (the non cheating group) protested
    -frequently handed back tests in which identical answers were not graded equally, one girl would always get questions wrong that half of us got right
    - general asshole with no right in a school house

What Guys Said 7

• My high school physics teacher. I don't think he knew a thing about physics, even though he had been teaching it for at least a few years.

Every day he'd stand up there, take out the text, and start reading it to us. He never put in anything of his own, only read from the book. If we asked a question, his standard response was "Let's see what the book says". Then he'd read the book to us again.

• Omg that sounds awful because really anybody could do that. I don't have a teaching degree and wish I could get paid by reading out of a book.

• He was pretty bad. Boring too. He always talked in a monotone. My brother had him too. I gave him a hard time and ended up getting kicked out of his class. Didn't miss anything though.

• Worst prof I've had is some old man whos a PHD - wrote thecourse book that selks nationally - he's cours coordinator so he also writes the exams - he finished his degrees with honours in masters and phd wtf lol - he doesn't take mistakes lightly, you get penalized hard for errors- he failed his son 3 times

Goddam hard ass but boy he was smart

• My 9th grade Geometry teacher. The class was mostly full of knucklehead 10th graders who acted an ass on a weekly basis which she didn't deserve. The part that pissed me off was that she treated us like college kids, she hated when someone didn't understand, she wasn't very helpful, and sucked at explaining things. I basically taught myself that entire year and luckily received a B.

• The teacher that didn't know how to teach. Like she was just there because there was nobody else.

I walked out of school and went home at some point. If you're just wasting time doing nothing, you're just wasting your time there anyway

• I had an English teacher call one of my friends "impotent" instead of "incompetent" in front of the whole class.

• The worst teacher I ever had would have to be my maths teacher in high school... because she didn't teach me much maths ;-)

• I am by American standards a liberal but in college 19 or so years back I had this wayyyyy left wing Western Civilization teacher who was a wackjob. He truly hated the US in every way and I had no clue why he was here.

What Girls Said 9

• About every teacher to make me visibly angry or upset then kept going off at me regardless.

My drama teacher this year, while respected in the theatre world, really needs to watch himself in class. He made me get up on stage to report my progress on my solo even while knowing I get stage fright. He got me up there a whole five minutes before letting me get on with it which only made it worse. I asked if I could go second. He asked what difference it makes and I couldn't get out in enough words that it feels like less pressure.

He then snapped at me asking if I liked wasting people's time, and when I began crying as I generally do when being told off (coupled with the stage fright and the fact this was in front of the entire class) he then asked do I like crying. Do I like wasting people's time and crying and looking like an idiot. He told me to get out of his sight and a few other students too when they reported they had nothing to share.

Everyone loves that teacher, but they all sided with me when they witnessed what happened. Also helps that while I do get upset often, it's generally not in front of anyone or I'll hide it so I think it shocked some of my classmates to see me cry.

So yeah. Right now he's the teacher I hate most, especially since he took a dig at something I can't help.

Plus because that's not the first time he's made me cry. Apparently I just piss him off without effort.

• Also when I say crying I don't mean head in hands and sobbing.

I mean tears going down my cheeks with my lip quivering, head up and hoping against all odds that no one could see the tears. Even when I'm wiping them off my chin.

• Yeah, I was upset for a little while after, mostly because I sort of retreated into my 'shell'. But my friends and classmates did a good job of cheering me up. They wished me luck the next day when the teacher asked to see me.

I'm normally pretty okay with speeches. It helps that I usually end up with English teachers who are pretty okay. I had cue cards one time which were entirely legible to me and I knew my speech but I couldn't get the words out so I asked if I could just have my book and she said yes. Teacher later said I needed easier to understand cue cards, but that's just the way I make them. It makes sense to me.

Yours kind of sucks though. I bet the whole time she was thinking the experience would help 'build character'.

• I think she mentioned that she would call out the shy students and make them do speeches off the top of their heads because she thought it would help us get over our fear of public speaking like we can get over it in 5 minutes. I failed my final for that class and could not care less. But I got a solid B in that class.

• My fourth grade teacher was probably my worst teacher. She was very strict with all of the students, expecting us to act like we were in high school, not elementary school. It's one thing to want your students to behave, but it's like she wasn't suited to the level of children she was working with. In addition, she got on my case for everything, criticizing for seemingly no reason.

It got to the point where I was getting sick to my stomach every morning, not wanting to go to school, going to the nurse often, and I was even recommended to the guidance counselor for how I was acting. I didn't want to share what I was dealing with because I didn't want to throw the teacher under the bus, hah.

Let's just say I was so glad when that school year ended.

• My math prof in freshman year college and physics prof in sophomore year. They would call of class for weeks and then when they return give us exams on whatever topics we were supposed to cover with them (most of us self studied) and on topics which weren't even part of the syllabus. : :|

• Professor Heyer, my upper division biology professor because he insulted after class in front of a couple other students. and from the student reviews, apparently i'm not the only student he has done that to :/

• Worse teacher I ever had? None. I had a lot of good teachers though.

• Kids are stupid thou I realize I rather be hanging with the weird person who kind then the jackass who just wants to be everyone else.

• I know right? I am distancing from the specific girl who said I don't like her because she is weird. I don't mind it, that teacher always makes me laugh and it makes class interesting but if that teacher was boring and spoke in a monotous tone and never told us stories they would still be complaining

• I been having issues reading but I love reading you should had said to her "people who doesn't need a cellphone to entertain themselves and can talk to people face to face".

• Hahaha I will try that next time.

• Probably my 8th grade history teacher. Luckily, I passed his class, barely.

• My history teacher.. she is like a monster and she has only few hairs on her head.. Maybe just 10.. Also she is the definition of the word "bitch"

• My AP Calculus teacher. I always ended up having to correct him, he was constantly making mistakes...