Why do guys add extra letters?

Why do guys add extra letters to words like girls do? Is that flirting? I know girls do it and it's a type of flirt I guess so was wondering if that was the same case for guys. A guy I'm talking to does that on occasion and I wasn't sure.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll do it if I'm trying to get a point across, but never just when talking

Most Helpful Girl

• i just came to say that i dont always add extra letters to flirt. ill do it for emphasis in all kinds of situations.

• no, you seemingly just get by on looks alone... haha..

• no, i know it's fact... duuh.

• lol oh oh now I'm convinced 😂 ... this kid^

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Don't think its flirting, me and my girl and guy friends always do it, im not sure why just to not sound blunt I guess, like 'okayyy' instead of 'ok', just sounds better in my mind

• what do you mean by extra letters?

• For instance like heyyy or sorrrryyy

• It's through texts. Sometimes guys do it, but not all the time

• sorry I am being slow on the uptake tonight!!! I think it is still a familiarity thing - wanting to connect by trying to emulate the way another person is communicating - i think it is way of trying to instil trust - probably more subconscious than anything.

• You mean like if a guy texts "heeey" or something? I'm not entirely sure, but some people send me texts like that.

• Yes exactly. Like sorrrryyy or anything else. It's not all the time it's just some words sometimes

• Ok yeah, that is a good question. Maybe they are trying to be cute or something?

• I guess it al depends on the person. I know people do it to fort and others do it just because it's the way they talk.

• No. It's just how they would say it in real life