Any one ever played DnD types of game?

my freind has invited me to try out one of these dungens and dragons type of game with the whole dungeon master type of old school vibe to it.

Has any one else tried this type of thing, is it any fun?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's pretty fun, go for it :)

Most Helpful Guy

• It's about the best hobby there is, as long as you have a bit of imagination, and are willing to let yourself relax.
    Don't worry everyone feels a bit stupid the first few sessions, but it really grows on you.

If you are the sort of person who looks at video games and thinks "why can't I do this, where's the third choice", you'll make a great table top RPGamer.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 6

• I have. Its fun if you have the right people and you are comfortable with yourself. Its basicly part story part videogame part acting (creating a character then making choices based on that characters personality). Think of it like a what would you do scenario. Thats what I enjoy about it the ability to do things in a non limited way since its literally what ever you can argue as reasonable goes. I enjoy it but again its all about how much you can throw yourself into it and who you are playing with that determines how fun it is (also being able to acknowledge how ridicioulus it is doesn't hurt either)

• I've played with a group of friends before, it's a lot of fun regardless of whether you know what you're doing or not, and there are a lot of different scenarios to play out ranging from fantasy to sci fi. I've also heard a lot of horror stories about bad groups though- generally couples in game can lead to... awkward situations. But I'd recommend you try it in the very least, it can be very rewarding.

• Yeah. I enjoy it.

It's a nice combination of math and story telling.

It's not much different than playing a video game or reading a book, except you design everything yourself.

• I've never played dnd before. I bet I could like it though.

• With a good gamemaster/dungeonmaster it's lots of fun. I played Twilight 2000 which is a WW3-based pen and paper RPG.

• I play it. It can be fun, but with the wrong group of people it could be a little more frustrating. It's best to play it with those who are mature enough to actually role play.