Gagers, would you date your friends ex?

By the way, this is just a regular friend, their not like your bestfriend or anything.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Hell no. That's so grimy, disgusting, and sleazy. My mom taught me to be a better human being than that. <3

• That's good and thanks for answering :)

• @RicanEyes thanks :) there are some boundaries you just don't cross when it comes to loved ones. I don't understand how people can do that. Even if the friend has moved on, they would still probably be uncomfortable at times with their ex being around or whenever they miss something about them, they can remind themselves that their friend is experiencing it now. smh, not cool

• thanks for mho

What Guys Said 12

• Been there, done that. I've also had friends trying to get with my exes and I've actually helped some to do that.
    See, if they're an ex, then there's nothing between them two, so why should I stop myself? I would only not date a friend's ex if my friend still has feelings for her, then that's a no, but if there's nothing, then I would go for it, and I don't mind if a friend dates an ex of mine. I couldn't find happiness with her, but maybe he can.

• Oh wow and thanks for answering

• I wouldn't KNOWINGLY date a friend's ex. But if I started dating her first and THEN realised that she had dated my friend before, I wouldn't break up with her for this reason.

• I would probably tell them what was going on, and ask if it was okay... but unless you are really bestmates there's no way you can say 'no' to that. The joys of social convention. It's more a courtesty thing. You dont ask to check it's okay, you ask to say "I'm trying to hook up with you ex, but I dont want this to screw up our friendship".

Obviously close friends are different.

• True and thanks for answering

• i clearly would xD because i had a crush on her, even before they knew each other XD but generally not.

• Oh and thanks for answering

• Only with my friend's blessing... but I don't think I'd be comfortable doing that.

• Yeah and thanks for answering

• No, that's a line that shouldn't be crossed if you want to avoid hard feelings.

• True and thanks for answering

• Depends on the friend. My best friend, no. Regular friends/acquaintances, yeah I would.

• Oh ok and thanks for answering

• That breaks the "Bro code"

• Yeah true and thanks for answering

• See why not

• I do not see an issue with it, it's not like they are dating.

• Yeah true and thanks for answering

• I would date any girl any time.

• if a time has passed and he wouldn't feel some type of way, why not

What Girls Said 10

• No, I'm fiercely loyal to my friends 😊

• That's good, thanks for answering :)

• I wouldn't even date a man if my friend had a crush on him.

• Oh and thanks for answering

• Yup when we use to go out together years ago when I was in high school. The guys that were Spanish would hit on us both and talk Spanish. She would be like what? So I started to teach her Spanish. It was kinda funny. It was nice meeting you 😊

• @RicanEyes Haha, I love Spanish, did 2 years of Spanish I can understand it a bit, unfortunately I didn't continue :/ Glad to meet you 2 sweetie <3

• never been that in such situation.. but it depends on how close the friend is. if she is my best friend.. than no.. i wouldn't..

• ex-boyfriends are just off limits to friends. I mean thats just like, the rules of feminism
    cdn4.gurl.com/.../gretchen-rules-of-feminism.gif

• Oh and thanks for answering

• No, never. Even if they said they didn't have feelings for him, it still hurts to see that person with your friend. Nope. Not gonna happen with me.

• Nah, I would feel weird.

• Yeah and thanks for answering

• Never ever.

• I have almost zero female friends so that is never an issue.

• No! If any of my friends would date my ex, i wouldn't see them as my friends anymore. I think we're exes for a reason, and try not to fuck that up as a friend

• True and thanks for answering

• I never date my friends ex of my sister's ex my friends mean a lot to me so I don't do any thing to wreck that friendship

• That's good and thanks for answering

• Uf welcome hope things go well