Is it easy to hire a graphic designer online for a self-made RPG?

It’s been 3 years since I had dis idea on ma mind (creating a self-made RPG)…but I was constantly givin up on it…

First of all I’m not interested in creatin “super-modern” graphics…basically I want 2D old-school basic graphics…I tried RPG maker once but I sucked at it…. had no idea how to create environments and characters’ sprites…

Scenario isn’t a hard part…I can write down a scenario…and I can imagine environments as well…but I suck creatin environments/sprites on ma own…

But would it be easy to hire such a person online? How much do I have to pay for such a job once I have ma full scenario ready?

I doubt anyone would do it for free…so…

Most Helpful Girl

• maybe you could find someone on Thumbtack. com? (there are a bunch of other freelancer sites out there)

Some charge by hour and others by project. Depending on if you're getting a young designer straight out of school or a seasoned pro, the price could vary a lot. At the low end I think it would be around $18-25 an hour.

• hmmm again i can't afford it... and even if i did only god knows if our game'd end up being successful so we could have some profit...

Most Helpful Guy

• What do you want to make the game in?
    Unity has its own forums with job marketplace, dedicated sites for game art such as Polycount also have their own job seeking sections.
    So I would start looking around there.

I would say it is pretty easy to find some, but you would have hard time finding people for unpaid work.
    As for prices, that will really vary depending on the amount of work you want done, whether you want to sell the final product and so on.

I'm a freelance artist myself but I don't really have much experience with isometric 2d art, which I suppose is something you are looking for.

• "I'm a freelance artist myself but I don't really have much experience with isometric 2d art, which I suppose is something you are looking for."

^xactly... if u read ma posts here.. then u'll realise i'm an old-school dude who likes 2d art... ;)

"As for prices, that will really vary depending on the amount of work you want done, whether you want to sell the final product and so on."

^if he/she agrees then y not? although it'd be super-cheap since it's fan-made...

• I'm assuming you are looking for something like this then?
      rpgmaker.net/.../Beloved_Rapture_Compilation.png

If you are willing to actually bring the project to completion you may as well try to sell it since the publisher fee on Steam is only $100 which is probably worth the risk.
      There is bunch of RPG Maker stuff on Steam even, some of it even made some serious money.

• "I'm assuming you are looking for something like this then?
      rpgmaker. net/.../Beloved_Rapture_Compilation. png"

^oh yeah bro...

"If you are willing to actually bring the project to completion you may as well try to sell it since the publisher fee on Steam is only $100 which is probably worth the risk."

^didn't get it... for how much i should cost per download?

What Girls Said 1

• There are tons of freelance websites online. however, graphic designers are pretty expensive. For your idea it should be under $5,000.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah all you have to do is go to a college and fine talented students in that department and ask if they would like the opportunity.

• I'm not sure, but I think it's a great idea, I would also like to make my own RPG game ;)