Do spelling mistakes annoy you? Why?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've realised this is your 3rd question I'm answering in a short space of time. sorry lol.

yes they do, but I'm no nazi. like online with chatting and that i couldn't care about apostrophes and commas etc, or even some spelling mistakes. there r some that r just ridiculous though like "his" instead of "he's" or when people confuse homophones like your and you're, or their, there and they're.
    s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...7fed08da82.jpg
    ^^^^

• Lol don't be sorry. I like it when people answer questions. I like to look and read each response.

Lol that is true people do get them mixed up and nice picture post. Lol, it made me laugh. Hahahahaha.

• Lol thanks omg that was so funny. Thanks for uploading. hahahahahahahaha

• Yes! Thank you!

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 14

• Not with difficult words.

The confusion of homophones, however, drive me crazy. I cannot, for the life of me, understand how people cannot understand the differences between to/two/too, your/you're, do/due/dew, their/there/they're and the rest of them.

It drive me batty. I'm fairly certain, if you are a native English speaker, you learned all of this in elementary school.

• True some people should learn. But we all make mistakes. And nobody is perfect.

• It doesn't really annoy me, no, everyone makes mistakes :) I studied English for about 12 years so it probably should annoy me but there's a lot of different reasons why someone might not be great at spelling or grammar and I guess I think it's pretty inconsiderate to fly off the handle about someone using the wrong their/they're/there :)

• Wow that is good that you studied English for 12 years. True can't judge people by their grammer mistakes.

• When I make them, yes they do annoy me, very much so. I don't know why, maybe cause I'm a perfectionist.

• It doesn't bother me too much if it only occurs a few times; sometimes I'll be typing and make mistakes but can't be assed to fix them.
    If they can't get the your/you're, there/they're/their thing right though... that makes me laugh mostly.
    When it's near incomprehensible then I'm just don't bother.

• Yes, when I make them, I get so frustrated with myself. With others, I don't care too much unless it's a consistent thing.

• Yes, because I think everyone should know how to spell their own language.

• when it is most words.. yes.

When it is so bad, I have no idea what they are saying.. yes.

• Yes, yet I myself make them all the time, too! :D

• Yes and because I enjoy writing, I need to make my writing perfect and if someone makes a typo I am itching to fix it or correct their grammar but I don't because I know it is annoying.

• That is cool that you enjoy writing. Trur checking for typos is always important in pappers. Lol it depends correcting grammer mistakes for others. Some people may find it helpful and some may find it annoying.

• I know but most of the time people find it annoying and call me a grammarnazi when it is just a pet peeve for me. and did you do that on purpose? lol

• Lol, wow that is true we all have are pet peeves. I think people do make grammer mistakes on purpose.

• only in two contexts:
    1. if they prevent me from understanding the main point
    2. in professional setting

• They annoy me if it makes it confusing and harder to understand

• Spelling and grammar mistakes bother me. I have no clue why.

• Maybe it's because teachers always stress how important correcting them are.

• Nu cuz im not a grammar nazi

• No, it doesn't annoy me. I make mistakes as well... it happens. The only time I got irritated was when I tried explaining someone the differences between "there" and "their", "your" and "you're" and they insisted they were correct.

What Guys Said 8

• Nah cause I don't proof read what I write half the time plus I don't use correct punctuation all the time either
    Lol but it's funny when they hit the wrong key thats next to the intended one :D like if they tried typing "window" but put"winsow" I'll stop reading for a sec just to look down on my keyboard to see that they missed the d and hit s by accident and just smile

• True typing does put words that ain't suspose to be their lol. It happens all the time.

• I rarely make spelling mistakes. When others do I don't really get bothered by it but I do try correcting them.

• Actually most of the times I don't even realize there's a spelling mistake there, when I'm reading my mind usually auto-corrects without me knowing

• because im disappointed that humanity hasn't achieved a level of ability such that we can communicate with each other without mistakes, in the year 2015.

its a shame because people spend around 12 years in education and come out without being able to write properly

its also a mark of poor (self) education and a lack of self discipline. though online its a bit different

• Spellig not so much, but if you bring gramar into the table, than yes, very. :)

• Not really... sometimes u r thinking so fast, your own fingers can't cope up.. plus it will help other people correct their spellings.. but if it is for work then well its a diff story...

• Typos - stupid
    Improper grammer - hilarious! :p

"Dats mo better"

• no, i dont' have asperger's... language depends on context.