Why is my generation of men so weak?

Not trying to act like a harda$$. After 5 years of the military and now that I'm out I'm going to college I'm astounded at what I hear from guys. Overheard a conversation about a guy telling his friend that he was crying three months after his girlfriend dumped him.. we've all been there but comon.. who talks their bros like that. Have some self pride. Just stumbled across a question in here of a guy asking how to initiate cuddling.. Very cringeworthy. Saw a guy in my class wearing makeup. Overheard another guy talking about his regime for skin care. WTF has happened. Anytime I assume any masculinity I'm shamed. It's ridiculous on how soft my generation is. I don't what the hell has happened in the past five years. Our grandfathers would laugh at us in the way our generation acts. I don't think women like this either.. no woman wants a fckboy. It looks like femnism has really taken a toll and I'm all for gender equality but you still have a pair guys. Act like a fricken man. Statistics show that our testerone level has dramatically dropped in the last decade. I don't know what's happening mayn. Anyone else agree.. or do you disagree and cherish the pussification of our men.

• Agree
  • Disagree

Most Helpful Girl

• pussification 😂😂😂

i actually agree though. older generations of men were much more 'self respecting' of their characters. this generation as a whole is basically whipped, by anything to do with relationships, status, power, pride, etc.

nah it definitely is harder to find a man who isn't so... delicate.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 11

• Vote A.

I have never understood why ANY man allows their s/o to treat them like a ten year old, especially within the confines of a sexless relationship.
    .

• Well that's because our generation is lucky. War is unlikely and everyone is pampered. We have abundance of food and supplies. Our grandparents had to fight for what they want. I think men will react the same way if we lived in a survival environment but I do agree that this generation is weaker than the older generations.

• i've noticed that with the younger generation too. ugh...

• I found that incredibly funny in a sad kinda way. I have noticed it in a minority here and I still find it strange but they seem happy so let them on :)

• To be honest, I'm glad guys feel free to express their emotions now.

• Hahaha, in way. I was on a few dates where I'd swear they where women not men, and the last one was bitching so much that I gave him some midol to help with the mood swings and a tampon. But I have heard men have lost a lot of their testosterone due to all of the estrogen pumped into chicken and such. don't know if it's true but yep

• Meh I don't care.

• Yes blame lack of manliness on feminism lmao

• You're absolutely right it's lack of balls/self respect/and Political Correctness that should be blamed

• @Ulyss I agree with this opinion. Hate PC bullshit, and its done more harm than good.

• @CityBoy773 dude its g@g 🌈 they hate chicks on here

• things have changed and we will all adjust in time, society is in transition when it comes to those things. i would like to see women treated more equally in certain ways and men be less pressured to be stereotypical man when it comes to expressing their feelings

• Oh yeah.. Isn't it terrible that we live in a society where people are allowed to be vulnerable and take care of their emotional and physical well being

How shameful not to be emotionally constipated..

• Of course you should stay emotionally healthy but it's all in moderation. Our generation.. Not so much.

• People should be able to get emotional support from their friends. No-one should be ashamed that they cry, it's a healthy thing to do. Cuddling too, it's affectionate and releases oxytocin and makes us feel good, why should we feel ashamed for wanting that? Especially when it's considered totally okay for hegemonically masculine men to talk about wanting sex.

Why shouldn't people take care of their skin and wear make-up to express themselves and feel comfortable? You don't have to, but if some people want to, where's the harm?

• Testosterone levels have dropped because of all the female hormones and female hormone like substances leaking into our water system. Male hormones and overall male fertility has dropped not only in humans but also other animals.

• I've heard of this. Any resources to back this up?

• @Thor696

• She has a very valid point, its been proven time and time again that all the estrogen in the water supply are fucking with mens reproductive systems and turning certain species of fish and reptiles into hermaphrodites, or males are born with half developed ovaries.

What Guys Said 28

• I wasn't aware that having emotions taking care of your body and wearing make up prevented you from being a man. It's true that to some degree society has degraded, but in other ways it's advanced. All your question really does is point out the ways that, in your opinion, society has degraded without considering the other side. Regardless of that masculinity in itself is subjective. What about roman soldiers and celtic warriors? One group prided themselves on taking care of their bodies and writing poetry and the other had long hair and wore make up, are they not masculine?

• Yeah it does if you wear makeup and talk about skin regimes with your buddies I'm sorry your a fcking pansy. No way to rationalize it lmao.

• That doesn't answer the question. Do you not know how to answer?

• Not going to answer because it's a stupid question that leads no where. Whatever I say you will have a rebuttal. No sense in this.. it's the internet. Leave the thread. Thanks.

• and statistics show that jarheads like you will break down after you get dumped by a girl you truly love. not only that, but you'll never get over her.
    Girls get over that stuff, and same with guys letting themselves feel, and work their emotions.
    In the end, the jarhead loose.
    Acting like a hardass isn't always good, you know.

Also, the drop in testosterone isn't because wearing makeup or anything o that, it's simply because people move less. Physical activity and hard work stimulates testosterone development. People nowadays are more passive than before. More office workers, less physical labor, more unhealthy food...
    THAT is the reason, not bs about men wearing makeup and not acting like thick skulled jarheads.
    Know your facts before you slap them around.

TL:DR cool story bro, changed my life

• Lol 20 years old got all the answers. Wish you well. You sound like a miscer. U aware?

• Fake and ghey

• so can you. But hey, that's your decission. But we can agree to disagree, hmm?
      You've chosen one way to live, and i've chosen an other.

• ... its pathetic.

• I hope you're able to assimilate into civilian life (some people out of the service can't, and you're young enough that you probably didn't live long as one before enlisting) because if so you're going to eat those guys for breakfast and have a great time doing it.

• Check this out, dude, because I've been where you're at. Eleven years military (and counting) myself, 5 or which were spent bouncing back and forth from the world to the desert during the surge.

The military is a very inclusive micro-culture -- we can recognize our own in a croud and can even pick up those long since out of the service from the fakers and other civilians. But what you are experiencing is culture shock, because the population centers within and immediately surround a post are, by and large, aimed at the military (either to help them chill or to weasel away money, sometimes both). The military doesn't have a good name with others in your (and my own) age group, at from those that didn't serve. I cannot tell you how many times I've been called close-minded and a baby-killer by Little-Shim-I'm-a-trans-racially-fluid-asexually-orientated-human-whose-otherkin-fursona-is-a-liger.

I wish I was kidding about that.

But you have to understand that you have grown up faster and in a very different environment than the folks around you. It took a long time for that realization to hit me, damn near two years into college life. Not to mention, the homosexuals you've likely met are not the same as the one's you'll meet civilian-side -- hell, the guys I knew like that were still serving under the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy, so they couldn't go do the really weird shit you've probably seen. You've got to start letting things go because if you think others haven't noticed, the "weak men" and yourself, you'd be wrong.

And while this may seem a good thing, it also labels you as someone that cannot adapt to changing times and behaviors. Again, countless personal experience with that, usually among college girls and their friends. You gotta make the effort to just let some shit slide, even if it offends you or makes you shake your head in disgust.

Times are changing, bro. As the Army says, its time for your to make a decision to either shit or get off the pot. The latter choice is what my old comrades did, and several now reside in other countries (Australia seems to be the hotspot).

Personally, let the sissies be sissies because clearly they are happy with it, and that's ultimately what counts. You just keep doing you and let the small stuff slide right on by. Know what I mean?

• Thanks for that bro. I'm in the veterans club at my community college and we always talk about this stuff. It's definitely a culture shock. I'm sure in a year or two I'll be well adjusted back.

• Dude, if you knew the caliber of "soldiers" you have to work with in the Reserves (at least my posting), you'd think otherwise. Fucking civies in uniform, and everyone's got an issue.

Always.

On a related note, in lieu of becoming a WO, I'm now in grad school for Physical Therapy. Lol, I'm an 11B1P on my way to becoming a doctor. I'm looking at working at Walter-Reed hospital in a few years, whipping wounded guys and gals back into shape for whatever.

Much more fun than flying Blackhawk, in my opinion.

• Yeah I've met a couple shitbag reservist that act like civilians.. never deployed with any of them though. That's fcking awesome though bro.. keep at it.

by the way. Look at what Darkmual15 says. 20 years old.. sophomore in college.. living in a dorm away from mommy and daddy and he thinks owns the world lol. PRIME fcking example of what really gets me going.

• You're very right to a degree. I agree that guys are now being more emotional and wearing make-up, but that does not mean he is less of a man. A man is either someone who accepts they were born with the extra Y chromosome or identifies as male. Simply put, cis-gender men or transmen. We're all guys. Just because you were in the military does not mean you're "more of a man" than my gay friend who preforms in drag shows and wears make-up. He could beat any dudes ass if he wanted to, to be blunt, he is very muscular, strong, and takes pride in working out.

But I like it. More guys are able to show basic human emotions that were formally repressed because it was deemed "gay", like showing fear or pain is "gay" it's called being human. More guys are able to be themselves and wear their make-up, dresses, and heels and look a shit ton better than half these bitches out here with sharpie eyebrows. More guys are able to be seen chilling/talking with their SO and not be deemed feminine for it. Granted, there are assholes like you that'll probably call them out for it and raise your son up to be a general dick with an "alpha male" mindset, but that's a you problem. I personally don't give a shit. 'Do you boo' as my granma would tell me. And I do me. I do what makes me happy, those guys do what makes them happy, and you have a choice to make it your business or go about your day and be happy.

Honestly my brother acts like a fuckboy by your standards. He likes to talk with girls, cuddle, and even lets them put on make-up for a good laugh (he's like me though, I've done it before as a joke and found the results funny). He tries to put their make-up on for them, compliments them frequently, and is one sweet kids. Kids call him gay, girls are happy to be with him and know him, he learned from me and finds my way a lot satisfying, so he's happy. Long as he's happy, I'm happy.

• Honestly, I don't think the stuff you mention is all that common because I've yet to see a guy wearing makeup or describing his skincare regiment (not that its wrong to take care of your skin).

If anything, I think the reason for the "increased" femininity is increase in wealth. In the past, the wealthy class men tended to wear makeup, powdered wigs, ornate silk clothing, and other "non-manly" stuff.

Meanwhile, the working class very much embodied "manliness" as you'd describe it.
    Our working class is becoming wealthier, and thus, the behaviors of the wealthy are influencing us.

• Women have been messing around in previously male-only territory. Naturally, guys are starting to go into previously female-only territory.

Naturally, when men are held to heroic standards, anything different is going to be seen as weak or a downgrade. It's why it's generally harder for men to be feminine than for women to be masculine.

That being said, yes, there are a lot of whiny guys out there.

• I craii if ma Muslim babez @elissadido left meh for another HAWTIE :'(
    This Muslim babez is ma life and is a piece of ma heart. Without her im nothin like a dog without its owner. She is what makes ma life complete and all i ever wanted was to have a Muslim cutie like her in ma arms til the day im breathless 👄 💋
    Baby i rove yhuuuuuuu 💏

• Strong pussifcation.

• Hoooooollyy shit lol. This can't be real life.

• Let us show u that LUV can be REAL anon HAWTIE 👄

• Feminism...

• lmao short and sweet.

• I agree with you, up to a point. I do think though that its easy to paint situations like this in terms of the extremes. I think a guy can still be masculine and not have to go around acting like John Wayne all the time. A modicum of sensitivity and thoughtfulness isn't weakness. There ARE definitely some insipid fellas out there, just like there are still plenty of super macho assholes around. Most people fall somewhere in between.

• you should go back to the military and marry an officer or some rambo like guy you can find there...
    BUT in my opinion and form my own perspective those man you encountered with are kind of gay, YES i've cried for an ex but i haven't told my male friend and im not ashamed of it either.. but yeah, those guys are too feminine lol
    go back to the military and marry some badass

• It really is man.. they taking away score boards from little league games, handing out participation trophies, etc.
    Confidence in a guy is shot down and label as sexist and arrogant smh dudes these days are soft but make up? Damn
    I think it has to do with a lot of guys being raised by single moms and the shortage of male teachers in schools.

• You nailed this dude.

I'm retired military and still work for DoD as a civilian and it's just crazy.

I'm also a bar bouncer part-time and I can't tell you how many times B E A U T I F U L girls have come to ask me what's wrong with them... because guys aren't hitting on them.

I tell them - because they're a bunch of scared pussies.

And that's just the honest to God's truth.

• Lol you old salty vets speak the truth. I've been bouncing for shits and giggles on the weekends.. I've seen the same thing.

• Thank you for your service, what branch were you in? And yeah I've noticed that too. Not the whole generation as a whole, but I've seen more than enough guys like how you describe to know that it's becoming a problem. I don't like using these terms, but a real alpha male (one who doesn't have to refer to himself as one, others do it for him) is like a unicorn.

• *entire generation

• Yes he is proud, as are we. :) Poor bastard was hit by Joaquin when he was undergoing the Crucible, he ended up in the infirmary for a few days. He said it really sucked at the time, but he finds it funny now haha.

• Lol was a hollywood Marine but I spent 6 months at MCRD because I had pneumonia. 3 days is just a little vacation from the squad bay.

• Feminism tried to hard to 'balance' themselves to be on 'equal' grounds with men that they actually tipped the scale towards them.

Masculinity is more shamed in society, especially with dogma that tries to pit masculinity with rape.

Don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with embracing your feminine side. But we all need to remind ourselves how important we need our masculine side too.

• The way I see it is, if a girl dumps or cheats on me, I'll think in my mind "fuck her/the hell with her" and move on. A man expressing emotions is one thing but going overboard with it over a girl leaving you, I honestly think is a bit pathetic. I'm aware that this sounds a bit harsh to say but sometimes I say this for some people's good. I'm far from that type of a guy who's heavily dependent on women for happiness or lets a woman emotionally go over my head like that.

• I'm tougher than you military guy...

Ever been hospitalized? Ever been homeless?

One time I saw a military parade downtown and at first glance, I thought it was a gay pride parade...

Military people are so overrated it's not even funny...

1/1000 of you is ever in any danger at all...

• It's because of all this stupid gender neutralisation bullshit from feminism. It's highly disgraceful and they're only making a complete embarrassment of themselves too.

• I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed this...

• Can't argue with you there on some of those topics.

• Because of feminism.

• I was military trained and my whole family is from the military so ik what u r talking about

• Ugg, me man, me have fire!

Time are a changing my friend, for better or worse :p

• Is that a zyzz tat on your chest? lol

• cool story bro... perhaps the hardass US armed forces is your true calling.

• Feminism, feminism, feminism. Pretty much. Women hold the majority of the power in the dating game, what are men supposed to do? You can't do anything to women except play BY THEIR RULES... if you wanna get some pussay.

• I wouldn't exactly agree but anyway it's because of the 'long peace' and the tendency of men to be less considered conventional manly in a metropolitan city. Before WW2 wars was much more common, well after WW2 there is this long peace. This effects the behavior of the people.

• That's actually kind of interesting. I wonder if there are some legit sociological studies on it.

• Yeah. There was some thoughts about how the men would be weak in a utopian society where violence very minimal. It is said that people would be so not used to violence that they wouldn't fit to protect themselves far from the protection of the society itself.

• but it wasn't really until after vietnam because we got rid of conscription. instead of being forced to fight, people started focusing purely on their craft without having been affected by anything you're subjected to as a soldier. also, years of blatant racism and/or prejudice against certain groups of people probably had something to do with this.

• cool story.

• Thanks bro. Want to hear it again?

• You for got to add "bro" on the end.

• @Marstalk OK.. Not trying to act like a harda$$. After 5 years of the military and now that I'm out I'm going to college I'm astounded at what I hear from guys. Overheard a conversation about a guy telling his friend that he was crying three months after his girlfriend dumped him.. we've all been there but comon.. who talks their bros like that. Have some self pride. Just stumbled across a question in here of a guy asking how to initiate cuddling.. Very cringeworthy. Saw a guy in my class wearing makeup. Overheard another guy talking about his regime for skin care. WTF has happened. Anytime I assume any masculinity I'm shamed. It's ridiculous on how soft my generation is. I don't what the hell has happened in the past five years. Our grandfathers would laugh at us in the way our generation acts. I don't think women like this either.. no woman wants a fckboy. It looks like femnism has really taken a toll and I'm all for gender equality but you still have a pair guys. Act like frickenBRO