Am I a threat? Should I go back to my country?

Americans are freaked out by foreigners. They think their jobs and land is invaded by foreigners. I was mistreated a lot both obviously and subliminally. I am still struggling with aggressive people against foreigners and I feel like I am in the middle of no where. Should I go back? At least I won't feel left out in my own country.

Say whatever u want to say even if it's bad I am open to any opinions.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm foreigner in the States, I've only been here 2 years and people have been amazing to me, I've never felt left out or discriminated for where I'm from, I've actually felt like more people are drawn to me because of where I'm from. I don't know where you are, but here people love the fact that I'm a foreigner. I know that I'll do anything to stay here forever.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you are that uncomfortable, then yes you probably should. Comfort and safety are pretty important to some people (well, probably a lot of people). I haven't encountered that when I lived in other countries, but everyone goes through life differently.

What Guys Said 4

• I think if you feel like this then you should go back. No body wants to be somewhere they feel they don't belong or are not accepted. This situation is a bit like some Australians to foreigners. I heard a New Zealand guy say I am making the trip back to New Zealand as I am sick and tired of Australians being racist. There is also another debate going on about Australia to. Lets just say the Australian govt is being very annoying. Anyway if you feel out of place then yeah I would go back.

• It really depends on what part of the US you live in. Certain parts are extremely diverse culturally and you will fit in without problems.

The truth is that the US in most cases is a lot more accepting of foreigners than other countries, especially east Asian countries or any country that is very proud of their culture.

I personally am a "foreigner" in the sense that I did not spend my early childhood here and my family is not from here, but over time I've been able to find acceptance.

• ... your reaction is not completely true in terms of EVERYONES views and even if they were, your reaction is exactly what they want.

• If you're not comfortable, then go back.

What Girls Said 0