Do you think confidence is attractive?

On both but mostly on girls, is confidence attractive?

Most Helpful Guy

• Today I was pondering on the topic of confidence, and I came to a very interested conclusion, so its neat that you brought this up.

One of the key ingredients to love is chemical produced in the brain called oxytocin, also known as the "trust" hormone. Studies have indicated that the more outgoing and trusting a person is, the more likely the recipient of the trust-behavior is to start producing oxytocin and trusting the trustee.

With this in mind, I've determined that the reason confidence is so attractive, in part, is that in many ways, confidence is the willingness to other people to accept you as you are. Confidence represents a mindset that says "I'm going to be myself around you, and you should feel safe being yourself around me as well". In that way, confidence and trust are almost different perspectives on the same thing, the willingness to be yourself around others at the risk that they might not like you.

When we act this way towards anyone, it reassures them that we can be trusted as a constant in their life, and encourages them to trust us with their true selves in return. Some people take longer to feel trust/confidence with another person, but those who are willing to take an active leading role in building trust, frequently taking the first steps at their own risk, are the people we call "confident people".

Remember though, "false confidence" is not the same as confidence, False confidence is a willingness to let others see your fake self, rather than your real self, which doesn't count for much in the long run.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 4

• Yes, absolutely, but not if she is a know-it-all bitch.

• YES
    YES
    YES

It's basically a requirement for me.

• As long as she's not Confident she doesn't want to date me.

• on good looking people sure it is... on a ugly person is just denial

What Girls Said 2

• Confidence is amazing on both genders. Its a turn on for me but NOT cockiness. there's a line between the two. If someone is cocky I usually wanna slap them.

• It's attractive even more when you have a good looking face.