Why are some Christians so nice?

There is a Christian guy in the bible study in my school and he is one of the nicest people I know. He is in 3rd year medical school at the best medical in all of Canada - a school that only accepts about 10 - 20 students a year and he is always respectful and humble around people less educated than him.

While other christian doctors are trying to surround themselves with doctors, lawyers, engineers, corporate ceos and billionaires - his goal is to act as a doctor for homeless people because he wants to show gods love to those in society that people consider to be low class.

He is also extremely humble - asking advice from people who are far less knowledgeable then him and treating his pastor like the pastor is his father.

Why is he so nice? I do not see this kindness reflecteed in other christian doctors.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 19

• Not all Christians are hypocrites. Just like not all Muslims are cruel monsters. There are many genuinely good Christians and Muslims. Take it from an atheist.

• I can only conclude that God has gifted him in this special way and that his family had much to do with it.

• seems like he is so nice because he takes his convictions seriously.

• all people are inherently nice and pleasant but we get spoiled by society. with modern day relationships and high rates of sleeping around, girls and guys learn to distrust each other and today we are all after one thing, money (thats in general).

Some people can be extremely nice because they have healthy relationships with the opposite sex, they are humble (and dont need to be rich) and they have preserved their natural love for their fellow human beings.

A lot of the reason that we cannot be nice to each other is actually arrogance.

• We're taught to respect all people and to be kind to everyone to a point it's just the way we are or rather are supposed to be.

• My best friend is like that. Christian girl, real nice once you get to know her, sweet girl, and doesn't know when to stop trying with a friend. She also is aware I'm not religious and doesn't pressure me. Some, like her, actually follow the part that says not to be a dick.

• Why are some atheists nice?
    Why are some black men nice?
    Why are some Muslims nice?
    Why are some Jews nice?
    Why are some Russians nice?
    Being nice HAS nothing to do with relgion , race or sex

• I doubt if kindness is related to a religion, I think there are nice muslims, budhists or jews just as there are nice Christians :D

• Taught to respect others and forgive and be selfless and care for others because that's what Jesus did and was like, we want to live as he did because in our hearts we know its right and fills us with love and satisfaction.

• People who are spiritually happy tend to spread their happiness around. :)

• Who said Christian's aren't nice? It's not like their religion says, "crap on thy neighbor." LOL.
    No, there are nice people everywhere.

• Christians are the nicest people I've been around most of ma lfe cuz mainly i am one as well.

• Why wouldn't he be nice?

• What did you expect, that they are all assholes?

• He sounds like an incredible person. God bless his heart.

• good people are good regardless of their faith or lack of there of

• He wants to plow you.

• Because Christians are the only really great people. The Jews are chosen but Christians's are better at science and are much more nice than atheists and other religious people.

• Because they're not extremists?

What Girls Said 6

• I don't think it's got to do with him being a christian if he's nice and humble. I'd say he had suffered some tragedies in his life or seen what most people would ignore.

• they're the true ambassadors for Christ, those ones. they just take on the most amazing lifestyles to follow God's example.

like anyone, Christian behaviour varies only based on their relationship with God.

• Hmmm... He's just a nice person. some Christians are, some Christians aren't. Some doctors are nice, some doctors aren't nice. Some guys are nice, some guys aren't. Some girls are nice, some aren't.
    honestly, I don't think it has anything to do with the fact he's Christian apart from his values which say "love thy neighbour" etc. (sorry if that's not right Christian people!). He's probably just a nice person, well because he is.

• He has a calling! God has moved his heart to such a place where he has the capacity to model Christian behavior like that:)

• He is just a kind person, it has nothing to do with him being a Christian. There are also very, very kind Muslims, Jews etc. etc.

• Why are some people of every religious or non religious denomination so nice?