Guys what kind of perfume/smell is preferred by guys?

Do you like sweet smells? Flowery smells? Strong smell?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not too many guys want to smell their sweetie 5 minutes before she arrives. Young people tend to overdo perfumes and colognes and one of the signs of maturing is when someone starts using scents in moderation. When you overdo a scent, someone will probably be making a smart crack about you smelling like a French prostitute.

I don't know what younger guys like, but I think you can't go wrong with something classic and subtle like Chanel No. 5.

• The one I usually go with is pretty classy. And I rarely wear perfume.

• Nice! It should be just heavy enough so that someone standing close can faintly smell it. . . but you probably already know that.

• Lol yep I do.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd say sweet, then again both of the last two perfumes I wore regularly were sweet so that may be a bit biased. :P I used to wear Fantasy by Britney Spears, got tons of compliments on it, including from my ex. Now I wear Our Moment by One Direction (no shame. x_x ) and my boyfriend loves it as well, always telling me I smell amazing. :)

• I usually wear Victoria secret So very seductive. But I was thinking of going with Hello cutie by hello kitty both are sweet smells. Except hello kitty is much stronger as a sweet smell.

• oh yeah I like that VS one too. If the perfume you want to switch over to wearing is a bit strong, you can try just spraying it in your hair versus on your neck or something. I find perfume is a bit more toned down when you spray it there, not quite as strong. & of course just one spritz!

• Yesss I wanted to switch it up because my "boyfriend" is coming home from college, well he is home but I'll see him at church on Sunday because he promised anyways just wanted to smell really nice.

What Guys Said 8

• The smell of scented lotion gets me. The kind that you can only barely smell when talking to someone but up close you can just breath that essence in.

But yeah, don't go stupid overboard with perfume like the vast majority of younger girls.

• Chanel madamouiselle 😍😍😍😍😍

• I like really light scents. You know, when you get close you can smell it, and it's not too much so it mixes with her natural smell. That's the best.

Fruity is good, floral is good. Just no super artifical cotton candy types. The more natural, the better.

• None. Perfume "jams" my pheromone receptors.

• There was this one smell that my crush had. I don't know how to describe it, man I wish I could tell you. From your list I would go with sweet.

• Okay. Just wondering. I usually always go with "So very seductive" by Victoria secret, and I was thinking of switching to Hello Cutie by Hello kitty

• Oh ok, I don't know how they smell like but I'm sure they're nice.

• Anything is fine, try the mahogany or lavardin perfume.
    Also try bathing in soup, its great for your skin.

• Soup? R u being serious?

• Yes, you cut veggies and add them to your hot tub preferably cucumbers.
      Only veggies with watery texture though, not the kind that separates easily like pumpkin.

You can be creative, don't add ripe strawberries either.

• Flowery or vanilla.

But mainly we don't give a fuck. Scent is something that's more attractive to women than it is to men. Men don't care.

If you're clean, we're good.

• Dude my guy always smells like vanilla and I literally can't figure that out.

• I know this girl who smells amazing all the time. No clue what she wears, but it's pretty subtle. Speaking as a high schooler, it's a nice change of pace from the thick perfume reek that usually accumulates among the girls.

What Girls Said 5

• Everyday I wear a perfume called obsession by Calvin Klein I can't smell it at all but apparently it suits me because I literally get followed around my workplace by strangers asking for the name. Thinking about it over the years I've been approached in very strange places over it lol

• Woman. They prefer the scent of a woman.

• My boyfriend seems to like sweet smells. He hasn't told me which of my lotions is his favorite, but he says he loves my scent and that it's "sweet." I wore the Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin lotion from Bath and Bodyworks once though and he said I smelled like red wine. I think it was a compliment lol.

• They love the smell of cinnamon. It is based on research

• Each guy is different. One of my ex's preferred my floral scented perfume and lotions. Another didn't care for it, and like my fresh citrus scents.