How much money do you need to earn to live on your own in the united states?

Give me some examples. I still live with four roomates and I am currently buying a house but I am just curious to see what the different perceptions are of money.

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 4

• A shitload 😐

• I'd say at least $50,000 a year. 😕

• To live in an apartment with four people?

• 5Ok a year is mediocre but suitable. Also depends on the state.

• Now you are trolling. Let's say rent is $500 a month and utilities are $50 a month and that includes four roommates.

• Don't know whatcha mean and You'll be fine then

• Totally alone with your own apartment? It depends where in the US... bigger cities of course cost way more than in the middle of nowhere. The prices where I live are high compared to those in the midwest for instance. I pay roughly $3k a month to live comfortably (including rent, bills, food, gas for vehicle, entertainment, etc.)

Some of my friends that still live in the midwest only pay around $1,200/mo for their stuff. If you have a roommate or more, you can divide the cost much better.

What Guys Said 3

• minimum $50K/year if you wanna live here in los Angeles

• Depends on where you live. I make 40k, live by myself, and just bought a house. I'm not rich but am able to live a comfortable life.

• Depends upon whether or not you have debt, and how much. At least $50,000 in most places is necessary.