Are you afraid of death?

I don't understand why so many people are afraid of dying. When you are dead you are emotionless. You won't even know that you ever lived. So why would you fear it?

Thanks for all the opinions guys!! xx

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm afraid of ending. Of being forgotten. Throughout my life a little voice deep inside has constantly told me "don't make ripples, don't be noticed" but I've fought it. We all do. But when you die, it wins. You make one last splash, and you disappear beneath the surface never to be seen again.
    Even if your body is raised up in a hundred years, it's not you anymore. It's cold dehumanised bones.
    Everyone dies.
    Everyone is eventually forgotten.
    And then what are you? Nothing.
    All of life's experiences. All the pain you have endured. All of the scars which make up the individual which is you... fade.

That's absolutely f*cking terrifying... untill one day when it's not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOW4QiOD-oc

Most Helpful Girl

• i guess for most its maybe a religious thing, a lot who believe in afterlives or hell may be afraid of where they will end up. for others who think that we just dye and thats the end, then maybe they are afraid of that too. Also I've known people who didn't want to die since they liked living or who didn't think that it was their time to go yet. i think this is a very personal thing and to most its a touchy subject. for me i believe that there is still something after we die, and that we will all go to this place dispite of what we did while alive, my religion i think that all are forgiven and no matter which god we cam from we all came from the same one so we are all equal. for me there is no fear or shame in dying, everyone eventually will and we all have our time. its okay if not everyone is this way since we are all different people, we simply must accept how they feel and just live our lives while we can. for those who have died, rest in peace.

What Guys Said 22

• Hey, it's not that I'm afraid of death per se, what I fear is 1) mechanism of death (specifically pain), 2) the impact of my death on those I love, and 3) not fear, but sadness at no longer having the unique and amazing opportunity to enjoy life - my life, and all life, the universe and everything! Hope that helps!

• Life and death were in each others company, in limbo if you like - and life asked death:

"why do people love me but hate you?"

Then death replied: "Because you are a beautiful lie and I'm a painful truth"

• Yes I am pretty much after all who wants to die when you been alive seeing and breathing and everything else

• I'm not afraid of death. Dying can hurt.

• I'm afraid of a slow death.
    I'd like to just, not feel everything before death 😅

• Existence is the only thing you've ever known. To cease to exist is unfathomable and therefore frightening.

• Not really.

• "I'm not afraid of death. I just don't want to be there when it happens." -- Woody Allen

• Yes. Very. Once u die, that's it. Plus, it'll probably hurt.

No more second chances. Big deal. Ur dead.

• I do not fear death. In fact, I find death uninteresting. If hypothetically there is something after death, I would get bored very easily. An eternity of anything would eventually get boring.

• Its the fear of the unknown that makes people scared than the actual death itself.

• Nigga you are 16. Of course you are afraid of death. You just haven't been in the face of it yet.

• People fear a lot of things despite logic telling us we shouldn't. Humans are just not wholly rational beings.

• No more afraid of the cause and pain of my death. But dear in general no it's just a cycle

• Not afraid of death, I am afraid dead without my girlfriend. Dead is not the end😉

• No i'am not afraid of death

• Not at all

• it's because its what we know, this is life... we know it, but nothingness is very boring

• It all depends how much you believe in God. Based on that, you will get different responses.

• No, not forreal.

• I fear death when I haven't don't everything I want to do

What Girls Said 12

• Not afraid of death or being dead, more like afraid of how I'm gonna die, it's very rare that people die peacefully 😓 I'm scared of the pain that may come with it.

• I think most people are afraid of the often agonizing process of dying, rather than actually being dead. Eventually we are all going to be dead. I don't really have a fear of death.

• Yes, I am. It's my biggest fear.
    I know I'm going to die someday, but what scares me the most is the uncertainty of what happens next. I'm also afraid of the way I'm going to die, I hope I have a peaceful death. I also would like to die old.
    Plus, the idea of being buried or cremated seems terrifying to me.
    Humans fear death because it represents the unknown and the unknown is always scary.

• Am I afraid of death? Not really. Do I want to die? No.
    I think that if I were told that I was dying, yes it would be fucking terrible. But if it was something fatal, I think I would just accept it.

• I don't think it's the being dead that people are afraid of but more the process of dying tbh.. That being said I'm kinda afraid of it but it's inevitable and I know I'm not the first one that would make it so..

• fear of death is something almost everything has its whether you have the Courage to stand up and hold your head high and die with honor that makes you different then the rest. Quote from one piece Zoro, Id rather die then run away with my tale between my legs, A Scar on he back is the greatest shame to a Swordsmen

• I'm scared of dying a horrible, painful, grotesque way.

• Dying is scary, when it is happens, and not knowing where your soul will go.

• not afraid of death, afraid of pain, sure

• No, I'm not.

• Nah not afraid of it :) i just hope i die in peace haha :)

• I am afraid to die because its death... I don't want to be put in a hole. What if my soul is trapped in the casket and trying to get out? I cry from the thought