Tell tale signs that someone is lying to you to your face?

Can you tell just through facial expressions or mannerisms when someone's lying? What tell tale signs do you look for?

Most Helpful Girl

• Look them straight in the eyes, if their eyes wonder anywhere but your eye, y'know it.

I can tell when someone's lying almost immediately, too easy for me. Sometimes I just enjoy playing the game with them lol.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, I do know sometimes when someone's lying but not all the time, but especially when they can't make eye contact with you.

i.huffpost.com/.../slide_321105_3009305_free.gif

• drifting eyes
    a few ums here and there
    when whats theyre saying doesn't add up, where ill have to respond 'but you just said..'
    if they fidget a lot.
    when they're overdoing persuasive language. 'i swear, i promise, I'm serious, honestly'.
    when they beat around the bush.
    if u ask them something and they stall by saying "what?" or "hmm?" but u know they did hear u.

stuff like that. it's quite easy to tel. u just need to pay attention.

• if they can't look at you or are smiling.

• You get this feeling like someone is insulting your intelligence and trying to pass it over on you. Start laughing or do something to make them so uncomfortable that they feel compelled to quit before you really embarrass them.

What Guys Said 2

• Bad liars are rather easy to spot: their story isn't coherent or doesn't remain coherent. Good liars can fool Wall Street, the Vatican and the North Korean cops and the CIA.

• I always give people the benefit of the doubt, saying its because their eyes wander or their face twitches should be left up to police investigators the general public does not have the where with all to determine those things