Girls, Period probs?

Okay so I'm worried. I started my period last Thursday, and it's been 7 days and it still hasn't stopped. Today I was in public all day and I bled through my pants which was sooo embarrassing!!! My body is confusing me. I had a period in MAY and it lasted 5 days, didn't have one for June July and August, had one in September, and one again now. Anyway, back to my question. My period has lasted 7 days. Is that normal? I thought it was supposed to be shorter! Help! I'm really worried!

4

Most Helpful Girl

• Are you on any type of pill like the one that makes you skip 3 months or did you just not get it? And how long ago did you start your period? And has it always been regular in the past?

• Nope not on any pill. my first period was the one in May,( this is my friend's account which she abandoned so I use it sometimes now, that explains the age thing) so it's definitely not regular. This is only my 3rd period!

• That's good to hear. What a relief! Thanks!

• No problem! (That other girl who answered is probably assuming you've had periods for a while so don't let it scare you)

What Girls Said 3

• sometimes if you have a light period prior, it'll be longer the next time! It sucks

• That's really not normal at all to miss so many periods and then have such a heavy flow on the 7th day
    Go to the doctor right away you could have something wrong with your ovaries or uterus

• Anything over 8 days, isn't normal. 7 is fine.