Is Italy a nice place to visit?

Most Helpful Girl

• Italy is an awesome place to visit. Just stay clear of the tourist hot spots. too many people, prices get jacked up and quality of food and service drops considerably. (as it does everywhere in the world during high tourist season)

Of course you can go to Rome and Venice and Florence, etc, it's not that they are shit. They are bautiful places to visit. Just go off season. Go off the beaten path, find places where the locals eat. This is where you'll get the nice people, good service and good food.

My fiance is from the south, close to Bari, and that is far away from any foreign turists. It's lovely. The coast is beautiful, the beaches are clean. Look up Isole Tremiti, it's paradise. Shopping in Trani or Molfetta is good and if you like seafood you're in for a treat in the whole puglia region. close by is also Albero Bello. Beautiful.
    Just don't expect anyone to speak English... be prepared to communicate with hands and feet.

Trani harbour:
    previews.123rf.com/.../...n-Lizenzfreie-Bilder.jpg

Isole Tremiti:
    http://www.hoteladria.it/img/slide/tremiti2.jpg

Genova, in the Liguria region, is also a very nice city. We went there for the Easter holidays. It was lovely and famous for its Pesto sauce.
    thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/genova-port-4989199.jpg

I could go on, but there is too much. The important thing is to go open minded and without a tight schedule. Things are a bit slower down there, people are nice if you are nice

• @cl_517 @girlscout

• @GirlScout Como is amazing indeed! Just next to the swiss border. so close, that the "south" doesn't consider them italians lol

• Yes, I thought it might be too far north to be classed as "Proper Italy" but the photo's I've seen are stunning. I think he can see the Swiss mountains from his house. He keeps offering for me to go out there and use the house when they are back ion the UK but I haven't quite managed to get there yet. Hopefully next year.

What Girls Said 10

• It's alright :) I was there, I liked it.

• I have no idea since I haven't been there. Though seeing the old ruins, learning the history, and seeing the culture there. I would think it was be very interesting to see. :)

• My boss lives most of the year in Italy and my boyfriend has visited, they both love it there. My boyfriend said even though he doesn't speak a word of Italian everyone was really friendly and welcoming. He was working there but said he had a great time.

I would love to visit Italy myself, one day I'll get there.

• i've heard that it's lovely.

• I don't know, but I'm planning to find out this summer! :)

• I hated it.

• ... and it smelled like Jersey, but I'm with you.

• Wow you hated it

Why do you say that @sjoes006

• @Tripleace to be fair I only spent 3 days there and only in Rome. The people stood to close to me, I don't like the food and it was so hot. At the train station I was mindi g my ow. Business looking at a map and a local sent me in the exact opposite direction of my hotel by the coliseum. The priest at The Vatican refused me communion because he didn't think I was covered up enough. Just a bad trip I guess. I'll give another part of Italy a chance but it will never be my favorite place. I prefer Notthern Europe.

• It's nice when you don't care that people don't understand you except those people depending on tourism to survive.

• Yes, Italy is absolutely amazing!

• Yep. ... I went to school there for couple of years in Milan. ... lovely... classy!

• Is that a question?

Si :)

• Rome is gorgeous

I took a tour and visited Venice, Florence, Pisa, Bologne, Padova, Assis and Rome of course

It was so worth it

What Guys Said 9

• "Nice," yes. It's far from the nicest place I've visited.

The people were okay, maybe not exceptionally friendly or warm. Venice, which is supposed to be very romantic, was quite the opposite--there was a powerfully foul odor coming from those canals. A lot of it also feels really touristy.

I never visited the south, though, or anywhere out in the country. I suppose I'm missing out. :)

Based on the experience I had I'm not in a hurry to return. Overall it felt a lot like upstate New York, in a lot of ways, though the landscape was substantially different.

• yeah, stay away from touristy places. everyone goes to rome and florence and venice. same with paris. it sounds romantic, but it's ghetto as fuck. or like how everyone thinks nyc is just manhattan. go to a smaller city and it's a different place (both good and bad).

• also, venice in the summer is the worst time. it's a lagoon. it smells like dick. you're supposed to visit in the spring.

• It's my number one destination I intend to go to when I can afford to travel. Always wanted to go to Italy.

• it's lovely. i lived in sorrento on the amalfi coast near naples, capri, pompeii and vesuvius a couple years back. i also went to rome for a week with my family. i'm trying to go back to visit some friends in florence, milan and parma. you just have to get over the countless strikes and inability to organize anything and it's amazing :)

• It's the best place on earth to visit
    Good culture
    Good food
    Beautiful landscapes
    Beautiful art
    And the women! FORGET ABOUT IT!

• Yes Its a very nice place to visit I had a good time there

• One of the best places in my opinion to visit.

• been to venice twice, advice go a bit off season it smells else due to water, Rome is nice to explore. that is all i have seen

• Very. And the regions are different from each other. I particularly liked the Lake Como and Bergamo regions in the hot summer, where at night they would hold a kind of street fair/market with real Italian pizza (just kind of bread, tomato sauce, basil + garlic), and the crickets were doing their might music. Naturally I think the women are in general pretty and a lot can be downright beautiful.

Oddly enough I thought Rome was grimy and jaded, but the rest I loved, particularly Venezia and Milano.

Some day I have to return to visit Napoli, as my dad's business partner's family and his wife's family are from there, and they are just a lot of fun to be with.

• prostitution is legal there so i'm sure it's the bomb.