My roommate thinks I bought us all food?

I moved in with my coworker and her boyfriend last week and went grocery shopping for myself 3 days later but i never ate their food. I just kept eating out. Well my roommate the other day decided to make dinner which she fucking wasted my organic tomatoes bc she doesn't know how to cook but ever since she saw me cook she's been trying too. I simply told her to stop messing up. She only eats frozen food and heats it up in the freezer. I think thats gross. Yesterday she had some of her friends over and was telling them how awesome i am and how i bought US groceries and a few pans, but really im just disgusted with all their shit. She washed the pan and doesn't even dry it just puts it directly in the cabinet. Anywho i wanted to tell her that i bought all that for myself. Basically, she doesn't know how to cook so i dont want her using my ingredients. And the other day she got some sour cream but used a spoon she was eating with to get some out. So now there's pieces of food in the sour cream. Ill have you know everything i buy is organic and i literally did not plan on sharing my food. Its not like i can eat their food and make it even, i dont eat nasty frozen foods. Im literally so pissed everytime i go in the kitchen now. Should i make a comment or something? Like she wants to go grocery shopping together next time. I plan on grabbing my own basket and paying for my own shit and if she says something ill be like "its not fair, there's two of you and one of me" or some shit

Most Helpful Guy

• Support her while asserting your will. For example, she wants to cook, which is good. She doesn't know how to cook. You do. Teach her how to cook. Bring her shopping with you. Encourage her to buy her own ingredients, pots and pans. By facilitating her interests while asserting your will, she gets the impression that you're on her side. And when she feels that you're on her side, she's more likely to heed your requests regarding the thing that you're teaching her, namely cooking.

• she's just an insecure bitch LOL her boyfriend said what i made the other day was REALLY good.

• Yeah thats true. Ill just make it seem like i have extreme OCD or some shit and so she knows i like shit done a certain way

• LOL you know what's best

Most Helpful Girl

• Take her shopping with you, say something like "Hey I am going grocery shopping for MYSELF, Do you want to come along to buy something for your boyfriend and yourself." If she doesn't, tell her, "I am going to bring grocery for my use, you sure you don't want to come?"

• Ok yes i like that. But first should i make ger repoace my tomatoes since she wasted them?

• Exactly. Her boyfriend respects my stuff but she probably thinks we're besties. she's also been using my shampoo. Gonna move that shit to my room

• Living with roommates is going to be a bit different than living by yourself or with family. Just let all of your roommates know your boundaries, and keep your important stuff that only you can use, in your room. If you can buy a mini fridge for your room and keep your grocceries in there.

What Guys Said 1

• U should stop buying organic its a waste of money if you really want good food farmers markets will be the freshest

• Its not even that expensive plus i dont eat much so i might as well pay for organic

• I dont think organic means what you think it does most dont

• Oh LOL i didn't really read the rest of your post just up until "waste of money"

What Girls Said 3

• How does one heat stuff up in the freezer? I'd like to see that. LOL. Anyway, rather then complain to a bunch of internet folks, you need to complain DIRECTLY to the source. Put on your big girl panties and sit her down for that time tested age old, "roomie, we have to talk because you're being an a-hole and I can't take it anymore," conversation. Better now, then a second later as this really is pissing you off. Trust me, I know, I've had 6 roommates in my life time and only really got along with one of them. First, if you never had the don't eat my food conversation, its not her fault. Clearly she thinks you guys are besties and share food and you're cool. If you've never said no, your food is her food (in her mind!). Establish that noooooo, what's mine is not yours, what's mine is mine. Label, tag, hide, buy a mini fridge for your room... do what you have to do to make it be known that you aren't the sharing type. If you don't want to shop with her, let her know, you consider that a personal trip for you or that you go to different stores, so you wouldn't be that into it. You have to let her know what's what and establish the ground rules of how you intend to live with one another. Hell sign roommate contracts if need be to help keep the peace. Don't, however, let it continue to spiral because you can't or won't say anything b/c that will be on you and not her because its not affecting her, its affecting you.

• LOL sorry i literally just woke up and had to post this. First thing that came to my mind. So should i just be like "i like to do things differently so how about we just buy our own stuff"

• If this is super important to you, this is not the time to be vague. Be clear. "Roommate, I noticed that you ate my organic tomatoes the other day and some of my other food. I know we've never talked about this, but I am very particular with my food. I have special dietary needs (whatever else...) and so when I buy groceries, they are for just me. I ask that from now on, you be respectful of that and don't eat food I will be labeling as my own for that reason."

• A sharpie will be your new best friend... Mark up everything with your name. Tell her you are going to separate the fridge and cupboards in to your own stuff...

• But how would i fo that? I can't just write on everything and then one day she opens yhe fridge and is like wtf when did this happen

• Just say you are a bit weird over your food and you would rather things were kept separate. Tell her you will happily teach her to cook some stuff (may help her a bit) :)

• Ok that sounds nicer than what i would have said lol so ill say that

• Straight up tell them what you just said in your question. Make sure they know how you truly feel about all of this.