Does it make someone a douche, if they don't vote?

If you are of the legal age to vote, and whether you are registered or not to do so, but you don't vote, are you a douche for that? There is a law here in the U. S. that says if you miss 2-3 elections or primaries etc.. that you need to re-register BUT there is no law saying you MUST vote or you'll be put in jail or whatever. So, how does not voting, make you a douche

I just heard this somewhere and wanted to know how that does

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't and it kinda does.
    It doesn't in that politics is kind of pointless, you're having this huge major election to vote for the guy who can what? Carry out congresses plans? Veto a bill? But doesn't really have that much power.

In the same respect though, it kinda does make you a douche. Only because unless you want to overthrow the entire system and return to anarchy, you kind of have to beat it from inside the system and that involves participating in it.

• Sounds like you just don't trust the government at all

• Lol i'm just paranoid!

• Then vote

Most Helpful Guy

• If you bitch about the government and don't vote, that makes you a giant douche.

If you're not voting and are completely oblivious to the effect of government on your life, you've checked out and are a poor example of a citizen. Not a douchebag, but still pretty sad.

• If I don't vote and the country is run poorly, how does that make me a giant douche if I complain. I didn't vote for THAT guy? Who says MY vote would have gotten the other guy elected, and who says he'da done a better job?

• Not voting is a vote for the guy who won. You had your chance to stand up and be counted and chose to let other people decide for you instead. In the last presidential election, 93 MILLION registered voters decided to just accept the decision of other voters instead of going to the polls.

I repeat: 93,000,000 people who were on the voter registration rolls opted to stay home instead of influencing the election. That's just people who are registered to vote. There are 33,000,000 more who never even registered. That's 126 million voices uncounted by their own choice.

When that many people keep their mouths shut, it's it any wonder that Washington doesn't listen to you?

What Girls Said 2

• No it doesn't make you a douche. I personally don't get involved with politics for very serious reasons but that's a whole new discussion.

• It'll make you a more interesting person to talk to if you are in to politics and other things. People want to be interesting and want to be talked to

• Alright whatever think what you want but you've made it evident you don't understand how to read properly.

• Just sayin'

• It doesn't make you a douchebag since no matter who is put in office most people will hate them anyways. :D

I never vote since I've never gotten into all that political stuff. So I have no clue who would be good to vote for.

• yeah but from what I remember how that works. Is people arguing over it, then some could over rule it, it be vetoed, etc. So the government is the only ones who get a last saying in it.

• And that's politics for you, you just defended a political point of view

What Guys Said 7

• I don't say it makes you a douche, but you lose your chance of trying to change things by voting in a candidate you trust or that you believe in. But since you're not forced to do so, then you're not a douche. Where I live you don't have this option, voting is mandatory.

• I don't see why it would. Maybe the person doesn't have any thoughts or even understanding of the material. I don't vote. Not interested in politics.

• You will appear more interesting if you have an interest in politics and other things thatn "sports, and sex". Women want to be interested, not just have sex

• I don't blame you.

• Maybe schools should teach students between the ages of 16-18 about what voting is and why it's important.

When I left school none of us knew anything about politics!

• you don't have to vote and many people don't, but if you don't you don't get to complain about who the elected officials are

• They still run the country. If I didn't vote, I didn't vote for THAT person

• But how do I know MY vote is getting the other person elected?

• I don't. I only know that by not voting, both won't get my vote, so, therefore, I have a right to complain if the person that's running the country poorly, is elected

• No because I don't. by the way scammers have already voted using my info, don't know how but they did.

• If Elections are Rigged (see Bush vs. Gore 2000 election) than why waste your time

• Well, if they hadn't miscounted in the first place

• A little strange that JEB BUSH was Florida's gov. that year!