I'm isolating myself, not doing anything all day, what's happening to me?

I'm avoiding spending time with people. I don't do anything all day, I've lost interest in things I used to love, when I do try and do the things I used to love I get fed up and give up. I just feel like I should be doing something but at the same time nothing feels right and I don't feel like it. What's up with me

Most Helpful Girl

• Generally that sounds like depression. If you're sleeping a lot, it would be even more of a nod in that direction.
    If this is the case be very glad that you've realized this now, and maybe speak to a counselor or professional that can help you out.

If it's more of a phase, best things to do are to spend some time outdoors (around green stuff) and in the light as this can actually help regulate your mood. You don't have to do anything specific or at all, but just being our there and around nature will help a bit. Also make sure to drink heaps of water and eat as healthy as you can.
    I say that because junk food can often make falling into this kind of depression much quicker.
    Then try to work in exercise. This should all help you feel physically better which will assist in getting mentally better.
    Then figure out some stuff you've always wanted to do and try it. Hopefully you will come across something that sparks your enthusiasm and passion.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well what would you like to see more in your life?

I have a friend who spent years by himself and immersed himself in depression. While i tried to bring him out of it, only he had the final decision.

Things suck.. but if you want change.. it's gonna take work, reaching out and even humility. I've never had deep depression so it's hard for me to really empathize but i do know that my friend now is much happier and it took him saying "yes" to things and putting himself out there.

What Girls Said 1

• This same sort of thing has happened to me. Some time I guess so change your mind about things without realising or maybe tiredness has something do do with it. Either that or you could possibly be depressed. To make sure check with someone who can help.

What Guys Said 2

• Sounds like you're starting to get depressed, I'd look for professional help, it can really help you.

• Cause of too much Erection. And you are depressed... YOU maybe loosing Confidence cause of acne or weird puberty body smell.. Give it time it will pass