What are the signs of depression?

Most Helpful Girl

• Low mood, low concentration, eating too much or not eating at all, sleeping a lot or not sleeping at all, feeling down for no reason or something small flooring you and bringing you to/near tears, wanting to hurt yourself, feeling numb, not wanting to see friends, go to work or do anything fun, not having interest in activities you used to, feeling antisocial and like you just want to lie in bed. I've had depression my whole life so those are just some of the symptoms I've experienced. If you're feeling like you may be depressed? It's always best to talk to your doctor.

Most Helpful Guy

• exhaustion
    lack of focus
    lethargy (like lack of motivation)
    unexplained sadness
    inability to sleep
    changes in personality

I'm sure there are more

What Girls Said 2

• you won't be able to concentrate on anything.. and would not feel hungry.. and random headaches.. and mood swings.. urge to cry.. or when you just want everything to end forever..

• umm it depends on the situation I get quiet and a bit moody depending who it is ill try and ask for help. I wear bracelets the more the harder im doing I don't like or want to deal with people I draw on my arms and legs and I just simply want to be around a specific friend who helps me

What Guys Said 2

• You don't care about or feel like doing anything. Like even if you have the afternoon to yourself, all you can be bothered doing is to lie on the couch or in bed.

• Little to no appetite, sleeping a lot and or not at all, disinterest in things you once found interesting. Basically, you just don't want to do anything.