Does my girlfriend have the right to yell at me when I was speeding a bit with our kid in the car?

So i was on the expressway with me and my girlfriend and i was going about 20 kph over the limit and she began telling me to slow down cause we have our kid with his. I kinda disregarded her then yelled at me then our daughter up. Then she said blamed me for her waking up lol. I didn't want to argue with her so i let her win this on.

In your opinion is it ok to go a bit fast with a kid in the car? My dad was a big car guy and he woud always go fast when my mom wasn't in the car :)

So yes or or no?

• Yes it's ok to go a bit fast
  • No it's not

Most Helpful Guy

• My dad was kinda the same lol. When i was younger i would love when went fast and my mom would always yell at him XD

I think it's ok cause i feel you on the car guy thing. Put i mean doing it in a stupid way is dangerous but if it's clear and nice and no rain, etc... and so on i guess it would be ok in all honesty.

Next time just Don't do it if it raining or something, or even if you girlfriend is not with you ;)
    Anyways best of luck to you dude and if you think it's too dangerous don't do it. If it's a nice clear day out i don't see why not :)

• Yeah i just want to do something that my dad did with me, i think it's no big deal, but i got to respect the "mom" lol

• Haha yeah, just be safe and have fun!

What Girls Said 4

• No it's not even okay for you to drive recklessly with yourself in the car let alone someone else. If you want to be selfishly stupid with your own life then so be it, but not when you have the lives of others in your hands. Just because nothing bad has happened yet doesn't mean it can't. Would you feel proud and happy and still think it's a joke if you totaled your car and everyone else died but you. Are you going to look at it as harmless when you have to live the rest of your life knowing this? No? Okay then, stop speeding even if it's just you.

• i never do it if raining. Only on nice days. My daughter likes it when we go fast and laughs and giggles which makes me happy too but i only do it when not too many cars are around

• yes i think that toddler car is our next purchase :D i hope girlfriend will like that lol

• Haha I'm sure she will, plus it's much safer for everyone. Good luck with everything! :)

• Your question and answers don't match lol. Yes she has the right to yell at you and no it's not okay to speed.

20 kph isn't a big deal, but when you have a kid in the car it is smarter to follow the rules. At least when your girlfriend is there.

• Well i always go faster than suppose to. Like if i go 135 at night she tells me to slow down. I just like going fast, I don't know it's hard to explain but it's fun. I know my daughter is young but when i say "it's time to go fast" she smiles and laughs lol so she likes it!!! That is my argument to my girlfriend. If our daughter likes it, it's ok :D

When it's me and my little girl i always like to have fun with her cause when we go fast entering an on-ramp she likes it

• I get it, I like going fast too lol. But you have to understand your girlfriend's concern. When it comes down to it, safety's first. She's just concerned about yours and your little girl's safety.

• i won't do it anymore. i promised her i would go the limit and we would buy that little stroller car so when we walk i push her fast in the stroller lol

• No. And I'm on your girls side. You are supposed to keep her and the child safe at all costs.

• Well i always go faster than suppose to. Like if i go 135 at night she tells me to slow down. I just like going fast, I don't know it's hard to explain but it's fun. I know my daughter is young but when i say "it's time to go fast" she smiles and laughs lol so she likes it!!! That is my argument to my girlfriend. If our daughter likes it, it's ok. When it's me and my little girl i always like to have fun with her cause when we go fast entering an on-ramp she likes it. I also do it if it is nice out and not that many cars.

• I'm just being silly, silly. ❤️

• ok lol, i just want my little girl to be happy cause i don't see her that often cause of school

• I agree with your girl. What if an accident happened that you could have prevented if you drive the speed limit? If it's just you in the car go ahead but your kid!!

What Guys Said 10

• 1. what's the harm in slowing down a bit. appease your girl, and it is proven to b esafer
    2. you do have a child so take that into consideration

you have to pick your battles. perhaps your speed was still safe enough but the simple fact is there is no reason to push your luck and no reason to engage in arguments needlessly.

• Dude, you have a kid, you gotta be careful. It all depends on the road and the car you have. My dad sometimes speeds up just for the adrenaline, but never when the road is slippery or there are many other cars on the road.
    I don't think it's wrong to speed up if you have a clear road, but it is wrong if there are many cars on the road.
    I don't blame your girl though, she's just being protective, that's what she has to do.

• oh i never do it if raining. Only on nice days. My daughter likes it when we go fast and laughs and giggles which makes me happy too but i only do it when not too many cars are around

• Then I think it's fine. Also depends on your car, if it's old, or with old tires, you shouldn't do it.

• oh no it's a newer car, everything is good with it

• Kph? Canada, right? EVERYONE goes 120kph. You're probably in more danger going 100kph because everyone will be fighting their way past you.

There's a lot more to accidents than just speed anyway. Plus, some people get nervous as passengers because they worry they've noticed stuff the driver hasn't (especially if they're an experienced driver themselves)

• yes Canada and where i live not too many people speed, but i always overtake them. If i do go fast with my daughter i make sure its a nice day and not too many people around us.

• Take it easy when she's in the car to avoid the drama? If you learned to drive with Young Drivers they espoused the 'path of least resistance' in terms of lane choice. Same applies here.

• i will be more careful. I do see myself as a good driver though. But when she is in the car i won't go fast

• Regardless of whether there is a kid behind you or not, speed limits were designed to protect everyone from causing and being inflicted by accidents.

• Speed limits exist for a reason. They are calculated to keep people safe. 20mph was excessive and it wasn't just you in the car but your family. You need to take better care of them. I hope you were driving a saloon.

• You said it yourself, your dad did go fast when your mom was NOT in the car :D

• You need to drive safer with the kid in the car. If you want to go fast, the do it when your alone.

• Well if your daughter laughed and giggled when you did heroine would you do that too?

• If you were being a jackass on the road, then yes. You can play with your life, but not the life of your children/girlfriend.

If you want to go fast, buy/ rent a Hennessey Venom F5 and pay to race on a Tarmac or circuit If that's still too slow for you, pay the blue Angel F-18 fighter pilots to take you for a ride over 1000 mph.

"You are always wrong in the relationship, even when you think you're right What's yours is hers, and what's hers is hers. If you want equality, then you shouldn't get married in the first place" - Old married men

• i love that quote lol and i never do it if raining. Only on nice days. My daughter likes it when we go fast and laughs and giggles which makes me happy too but i only do it when not too many cars are around

• Christ, stop being irresponsible.

• Equivalent to 12mph. Anything over 5 over the limit, is dangerous, yes, she has a right to yell, and is illegal too. Most cops will give you 5 over the limit, MOST will