How would life be if THAT hadn't happened?

Something happened in my life years ago that changed EVERYTHING and sometimes when I'm reaaaally raelly sad I wonder how would my life be if it hadn't happened... which usually makes me feel worse lol but anyways

Is there something in your life that makes you wonder how it would be if it hadn't happened? or maybe it's the other way around: something -slmost- happeend but didn't and you wonder how life would be if it had happened? What is it and how different would things be now for you?

Most Helpful Guy

• My sister asked me out to eat with her before she got in her horrible car accident. I was tired from playing video games all night with friends so I politely declined. I sometimes wonder how the future might have been if I chose to go with her. Would the accident have been avoided? Would she not be burned and not have below the knee amputations? Would she still be a soccer star? I was the last person to see her before it happened. Anyway none of can predict the future or know how different circumstances would have effected it. Hell I might have been in serious danger too if I went with her.

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't thought about that specifically with one event, but I do think about how if anything was different at all, things could have been totally different. Like think some time five years ago when somebody tried to crash their car into me but I got out of the way. If I didn't get out of the way, maybe I'd be crippled or maybe I'd have sued him for a million dollars, either way it'd be so different.

• I'm glad you got out of the way

• Haha thanks. I think I wanna be alone tho. I know it's too soon to say this but still I can't see myself falling for someone else lol

• Makes sense, feel better! Time for me to sleep anyway.

What Guys Said 4

• I wonder how I would be as a person if I never went through depression. I know I would be way better than what I am, and that saddens me.
    But I also wonder how my life would be if I would have stayed in Spain instead of coming to America. I know I would be way worse in Spain, probably wouldn't have gotten out of that depression if I was still there.

• I can relate way too much to this wow. Mine thing basically includes yours.

• same thing here, the difference that im still living in the same place

• Well if that didn't happen I would live life like patrick star.
    Intelect, opened eyes comes with the downside of knowing too much

• i laughed so hard at your username. thanks

• There are just too many to recount, but they involve (in no particular order) 1): being broken up with my girlfriend at the age of 12 (it was true love at sight, we were constantly together for 3 years) due to the fact her mom thought we were going to wind up having sex early, based on the fact that she (the mom) had had pre-marital sex and couldn't understand that I above all people would have insisted that my girlfriend wait until marriage, the irony being that my ex-gf did get pregnant by this asshole while still in HS in another town, and amazingly my own mother joined into the conspiracy for the same reason - that she had slept with a guy before marriage and projected that I would also! 2): getting into a less favorable university than the one closest to home (GPA was about.1 too low, or 3.6 instead of 3.7) where by coincidence I re-connected with my first love - music and felt at ease telling my father I would not be a chemist as his dream profession as I was miles away and not in regular contact. The list goes on and on and I can't even imagine all the possible parallel lives I might have had had both these first events not occurred, let alone some other minor twists and turns since then. It's almost spooky thinking about it. I guess I would have been more of a homebody with a local girlfriend in a local college if neither of these had occurred, and probably my life experiences would have been more limited and sheltered. Very thoughtful question you posed, by the way.

• And do you wish things would've gone that way or are you happy with all the things that happen and where you are/who you are now? thanks

• Part of me wishes I could have been with her, but in the sense that going to the "lesser" University indirectly lead me to a music profession (from which I graduated at a major Conservatory later) helped me break the bonds of a domineering father, I think it was really for the best. Didn't feel like it back then though! But it did make me grow up I guarantee. I honestly believe (this will sound syrupy) that some day when I die and go to Heaven I will meet that young lady again, at least I hope so.

What Girls Said 4

• it would suck! you would never grow !

• I disagree but

• Well you can say it because they're cute! lol I'm a masochist because they remind me of my ex and I, which I hate but I still look at their pics and watch their videos because they're really cute.

• awe i am sorry to hear that!!!

• Absolutely. Something happened to me when I was younger and I constantly think about if things would be different if I'd never experienced that. I'd like to think they would be because that event pretty much had a chain reaction.

• Yes I had 2 life altering episodes in my life. One was near fatal the other I just wanted to disappear or die. I know how you feel.

• if my dad were still here i'd be a much much much happier person