What do you think of the name "Freya"?

Freya - "The name Freya is a Scandinavian baby name. In Scandinavian the meaning of the name Freya is: Lady. Derived from the name of Freyja, the Norse goddess of love and fertility and mythological wife of Odin."

There was this series I watched and fell in love with, and one of the women is called Freya. Ever since I'm 200% certain my first daughter will be called Freya.

Do you think it's acceptable that I'm naming her after a fictional character?

Most Helpful Girl

• My favorite girl name basically. 😍😛 I love it so much, it's beautiful.

Most Helpful Guy

• All names referring to pagan Gods are acceptable for me.

What Girls Said 3

• I think that it's pretty, so sure. I mean, loads of people name their kids after fictional characters and as long as you like the name and you think it's good and your partner agrees, who cares? I have a friend called Freya too :P

• It's such a pretty name :)

• Freya is an actual name in Northern Europe. I myself know at least 3 girls named Freya so of course it's okay to name your child that.

• I don't like it a lot, its alright I guess.

What Guys Said 1

• Dude I love Scandinavian names.. They sound like they're straight out of mythology which is epic.