Plss Can you fix these sentences?

"I apologize to say that I couldn't come with you in Chicago because my parents have said that they don't know you much and my best friend could not come with me too. I can't do anything at this time because I stay with them and I have to follow my family rules."

What Guys Said 1

• Your statement is fine. It gets the point clearly across.

If it's before the trip I'd say,
    I'm sorry I can't go with you to Chicago because my parents have said that they don't know you well enough and my best friend could not come with me. I can't do anything at this time because I live with them and I have to follow my family rules.

If after I'd say
    I'm sorry I couldn't go with you to Chicago because my parents have said that they don't know you well enough and my best friend could not come with me. I couldn't go because I live with them and I have to follow my family rules.

Nothing really wrong with "they don't know you too well"

What Girls Said 1

• I apologize for not being able to come with you to Chicago. My parents just don't know you well enough yet, and my best friend wouldn't have been able to come with me either. If I didn't live with my family, maybe things would be different, but as long as I'm here, I have to follow my parents' rules.