If you had the opportunity to permanently live in the victorian area, would you take it?

If one day a random time machine appeared and it only gave you the option to live in the victorian area, would you take it? I know that if you're my race then you would probably be a laborer or servant but in this hypothentical world everyone would be middle class or wealthy regardless of race. I really like the victorian era so I would obviously take that chance. If you had a different era that you prefer then feel free to add that.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I would love to travel through time. It would just be amazing to be able to go back and see the world as it was in times gone by. I imagine it would be an eye-opener too, we could certainly learn a lot from it. As for whether I would want to go back and live permanently in the past, no thanks and not least of all the Victorian era. No modern technology and conveniences, no modern medicine, if you're a woman you would be a second class citizen, if you're not heterosexual you would be marginalised, most food and drink items available today weren't available then, the list goes on.

We tend to paint a romantic view of the past but if you were to go back and actually experience it reality would kick in and you'd see things weren't so great. Now if you were to ask me about living in the far future, that would be quite tempting.

What Guys Said 11

• Not only no but fuck no. I hate that style

• It would be hell for me. :-p

• If toilet paper didn't exist then NO.

• oh fuck no lol
    They'll burn me at the stake for black magic.

• You don't do anything out of the ordinary though, plus from what I've seen it looks like women were more likely to be accused of witchcraft and I think the witch craze and trials was in the 17th or 16th century not 18th-19th. People just got tortured to death or sent to jail?

• No , cos I'll be burning things down to change history.

• Well yea I guess burning things down is pretty suspicious

• Nope. If I could choose my own era then sure but living in the Victorian one doesn't interest me whatsoever.

• Hmmm I'm not sure it would certainly be a interesting opportunity.

• NO WAY! I LIKE MY INTERNET THE WAY IT IS! HERE!

• I would not take it.

• Only if I got to have sex with Oscar Wilde.

• I voted B; I like sex.

• Hell motherfucking yes.

Sick of today's culture, adios fuckers.

What Girls Said 9

• As long as i had indoor plumming and could take a hot shower!

I love steampunk and that's victorian time, isn't it?

• I would be tempted. Victorian gothic style is really beautiful to me... but I would probably pass. There is better medicine and advancements now. I quick look at that era (or others) would be cool, but not permanent.

• Nope I love computers way to much to give it up.

If anything I would rather move to the year 3,000 just to see how technology has changed and everything. ^^

• The era that we're in is good for me. I would go to the future, but never the past.

• No way. I like plumbing and technology way to much.

• Hell yeah, "invent" something from this era, boom family covered for life.

• erg no thanks, i'd either be married off already, and having kids, working the streets as a prostitute. so no thanks.

• For the fashion alone, maybe.

• *era
    ...