Have you ever noticed most people prefer their country’s food?

Y? No love for other cuisines?

Most Helpful Girl

• I actually like to try new kinds of food

Italian

Spanish

French

Chinese

Japanese

Indian

Moroccan

Russian

Hungarian

Vienniese

lol you get the picture

Most Helpful Guy

• In the part of the country I live in we have a cuisine called Tex-Mex. It's truly orgasmic. It's funny though because the surrounding states don't really have it and if they do it isn't very good. America has a lot of regional foods. In the states like Texas and Oklahoma we eat fried okra but the states like Ohio, Michigan don't know of it.

• never tried fried okra... but yup i approve tex-mex's one of da best cuisines...

What Girls Said 22

• People generally like the food from their own country because that's what they are used to.

I think with the Western world, we are pretty good at opening up to other people's food and culture so more people in a Western country will name food that isn't their native food as their favourite.

I like British, American, Italian, and Indian food best because it suits me. I like Chinese food, but I can't really eat seafood or egg so that rules a lot of it out for me. I really can't stand soft or goats cheese so that's a lot of Greek and French food out. A lot of Spanish food has seafood but the stuff I've had which wasn't was nice.

• I don't.
    I love Japanese food most, directly followed by Italian and I'm neither 😜.. but I've been to both countries before & honestly you have no idea how good Japanese or Italian food actually tastes until you were lucky enough to actually try it there! 🙏

• italian >>>> japaese...

well at least for me... totally different though...

• That's pretty cool though that your right there

• Eh, the British food isn't too great, I prefer food from other cuisines.

• Hahaha, I've noticed most people like Chinese, Mexican, Italian, Indian and Japanese cuisine, but not their country's food :P

• I don't even know what's oz's cuisine LOL

My fave cuisine is Japanese, Korean and Italian. Tho I actually love other cuisines too, but I mostly go for these three the most.

• i love all kinds of cuisines... thai, japanese, egyptian, persian, latin and vietnamese

• I don't know... maybe certain dishes from their homeland are their favorite. Maybe it reminds them of home and comfort, like what their mom, dad, or grandparent made them when they were younger (comfort food). But some are willing and enjoy other cuisines, that I have encountered.

I am a mix of American and European, and while I do enjoy some dishes from both, I love Asian cuisine (specifically Japanese). I make and eat it at least once a day (like for dinner, and for lunch eat a variety). :)

• I kinda like mexican, but I don't like tacos and other stuff.

Tacos are good sometimes but it's not my favorite thing to eat.

I honestly love American food XD

• I love the flavors of other places more than the US spices.

For example, I love pungent ginger, cilantro, and garlic (neutral) more than anything else. And I love the taste of soy sauce, chipotle peppers, adobo, cumin, and basil.

America doesn't have much to offer except cheddar cheese, hot dogs. In fact, I can't even think of a really great totally American dish. Well, I love a vegetarian sloppy joe.

• really? take a look here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_pasta_dishes

many American pasta dishes look delicious actually...

• pasta's generally italian... so let's say italian-american cuisine?

• That sounds fair

• My favourite is Vietnamese food. I'm Canadian. My family is not Vietnamese. This statement is false.

• Finland's food is absolutely NOT anything to be proud of. Except for maybe karjalanpiirakka. I've always been a fan of Asian and Italian food.

• Not necessarily. It depends on the person. My favorite food is Japanese and Thai.

• Well, it's true for me x) My favorite cuisine is the Tunisian and the Italian one.
    But I also like Chinese and Middle Eastern food.

• I love most types of food. Nothing overly spicy but definitely try a bit of everything

• Asian food is cheap and tasty.

• No I have never meet someone who prefers homeland cuisine... I'm very multicultural when it comes to food but if anything IF prefer Italian

• I love all types of food. Regardless of which country they originated from.

• I like sushi...

• Because that's what they have eaten most of their lives. But they can like other foods as well.

• True actually, when i was in France, i didn't really like their foods, same with Turkey, but that was hotel food. The french cusine, i was an exchange student for a week... they rlly ate a lot of desserts damn-- never have desserts normally (nobody can ever bother to make them)

• Unfortunately, I think I prefer American and Italian food to British. Mind you, we make some lovely little things like Yorkshire puddings and parmos haha

• Probably because that's what they're used to

What Guys Said 11

• Nope, at least not me... I prefer Indian, Italian, Chinese and some other foreign cuisines, but I'm not really into my country's food, because it's not very suitable for vegetarians.

• I beg to differ concerning my own tastes. I'm not limited.

• Just what we are use to I guess but I like some Italian food and German food

• I'm not the biggest fan of Belgian food — I like chips sometimes but I can never eat a whole bowl of them, and since I'm a vegetarian I've never eaten carbonade flamande.

• Think you have it backwards. Last time I ate "American"
    food in a restaurant was 6 months ago. Last time I had either Chinese, Mexican, Thai, Japanese? EVERY week.

• define American... each state has their own food.. correct?

• Hardly; there is some regional cuisine, but predominantly it's chain restaurant food that is the standard, like McDonald's, Chevy's, Olive Garden. You could travel across the U. S. and eat the same kind of food at every town you stopped at, unless you were seriously adventurous and only stopped at small restaurants. There is some differences in breakfasts between New England, Deep South, Texas, etc. (in Texas they serve chilies in the omelets), but there are big regional chains also like Chik-fil-a and Waffle House where you would not know what state you were in based on the food. NYC of course has delicatessens, and there are lots of distinctly different Italian and seafood restaurants in San Francisco, and Chicago has it's pizza and Polish influences, but it's the chains that dominate (Pizza is a great example of this). Most people (except Kentuckians) have never eaten Burgoo or a Hot Brown, nor has most of the U. S. tasted Cincinnatti Chili (has cinnamon), but those are exceptions.

• Im English, but my favourite food is japanese.

• I love Mexican and Japanese. but I`m Chinese :).

• I don't prefer my country's food. If cooking at home was up to me food would be consisted of a variety of cousines.

• Shoot I would like most if I could try them. There's a lot of variety here but there's no time!

• In the usa we don't really have our ownnfoods, we just have many different cultural foods

• I prefer Mexican cuisine.