A question for older people. Did you expect one day internet would be essential in our everyday lives?

Well most people who were born after 1990 or so couldn’t imagine how life was or’d be widout internet I guess…. so for those people internet’d be essential anyway…

But dis question’s dedicated to older ppl….. who were adults when internet wasn’t essential…. or didn’t xist yet….

Most Helpful Girl

• I barely can remember the 80s being that I was born in 86. But what I will say is, I didn't use the internet until I was 11. That was in 1997. After that I was hooked!
    I think even you know how it is to be without internet.
    Because even in your generation, 1990 differs so much from those born in the 2000s.
    You know what its like to be without the internet because I'm pretty sure you weren't a baby or toddler logging on to the computer.
    Nowadays, there's 2 and 3 years old with their own Ipad playing on it.
    Generations have changed so much.
    Its not just the internet... its technically in general.
    During my time, I never really cared much about the internet (although I was hooked).
    Things didn't revolve around it like they do now.
    You could never follow your favorite celebrity on twitter or read their postings.
    Things were a little bit more distant and separated.
    Nowadays people are just a click away.
    It's great that time has evolved this much in such a relatively short span.
    However, it leaves people to forget about the communication that matters the most... face to face.

• *technology in general

• Thanks <3 Goodnight!

• "But what I will say is, I didn't use the internet until I was 11. That was in 1997. After that I was hooked!"

^but.. ON YER OWN? or yer mom was being above u? it makes a difference...

"I think even you know how it is to be without internet.
      Because even in your generation, 1990 differs so much from those born in the 2000s. "

^not so much trust me... both gens r... well "nothing to be proud of" let's say... and i hardly remember maself widout internet tbh...

"You know what its like to be without the internet because I'm pretty sure you weren't a baby or toddler logging on to the computer."

^i don't rememeber much before 6... but i have vivid memories from 6 and on... and i always used some kind of computer...

"Things didn't revolve around it like they do now."

in '97? it was still new to public... so...

^sure it was more difficult to communicate wid yer fav celeb.. but it's not a bad thing in my opinion...

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not that old, but I remember when I was in primary school (back in the 80's), I always thought that one day... computers would be essential in our everyday lives, but maybe I was just influenced by some SF books and movies :P

What Girls Said 2

• I didn't think we would become so disgustingly obsessed with it and social media and tech. I didn't think it was possible to find teenagers any more repulsive than they were already but Facebook, Twitter and iInstagram have shown us how wrong we were... and extended the self obsessed teenage habits to the twenty something's and beyond. The worse thing to have happened is that people with no charm, intelligence or charisma are now becoming famous and people aspire to be as stupid and fucking pointless as they are. <Makes me want to vomit.

• It's not essential I could go with out.

• really? i thought in most jobs internet's needed nowdays...

What Guys Said 0