I sufferd with self harm and I have scars will that make a guy not like me anymore?

I have scars from selfharm and I hide them from people because I don't want them to know so if I were to go out with a guy will it make him not like me and think I'm weak and I know he's going to find out sooner or later so when should I tell him.

Most Helpful Guy

• The ones who genuinely care for you will stick around the rest don't matter.

Most Helpful Girl

• It shouldn't. A guy who truly loves you won't care about your scars!
    Also, the fact you've made it through and stopped self harming shows great strength, not weakness.
    Be proud of your body! Your scars are a reminder of the tough times you've had and you should use them to empower yourself. You've grown, you're not the same girl you were then. Any good man will understand if they love you and listen to your story about them.

• But has she stopped? That was not stated or even implied. And if it appears that it is ongoing, that would show her current weakness, not strength, and would be something to scare a guy off. The best thing would be an understanding guy that will listen and try to understand, but understanding does not mean the pain that the relationship could bring is something to ignore.

• I assume she has because she said "suffered" so I just guessed it was in the past.

What Guys Said 2

• Finding out when to tell them would be tough, but if they really like you they shouldn't be too bothered by them. Trying to hide them would work for a while, but as you said sooner or later they will find out. But as i said if they really like you, it shouldn't bother them. If it was me it wouldn't bother me. Hope I helped, but doubt it.

• It might be something some guys would be concerned about cause that usually means you may have depression or major insecurities. Those things can be a potential red flag for some guys.

What Girls Said 2

• i have scars too. if he really loves you, he will look past them. of course they'll make him sad, but he won't just leave you bc of it.

• No it won't