Are pets slaves?

Answer: They are, they are slaves and should be liberated... HAVING PETS IS ANIMAL CRUELTY! THEY ARE SLAVES! SLAAAVEEESSSS!

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah and women are pets too

What Girls Said 16

• No, because we don't make them do things for the sole purpose of ourselves, we like to make them happy, the way they genuinely love us, the obey us like we obeyed our parents, we feed them, cuddle them do things FOR THEM. So we're kinda slaves to our dogs haha

• Slaves are people that gain no reward for completing tasks for their owner.
    A lot of animals don't complete any tasks for their owners and often aren't expected to, they just live. Trained animals always get rewards and dogs love human company which is enough for them. It's not animal cruelty or slavery.

• No. They aren't slaves.
    I don't make my cat do the washing up and the ironing.

Go back to being a quiet vegan.

• You are a weirdo. I wish my life was as good as my slave dog.

• Yes because I don't walk, feed, or play with my dog. Yes he's a slave and I'm guilty I'm going to let him free and I'll give it a couple of hours until he's scratching his claws at the front door...

• I don't think my dog is aware of that.
    She's living in the mere conviction that she's just another family member and she seems to be very happy with that lol

• No they are not slaves.. they can leave whenever they want... and play whenever they want.. I love dogs tho.. I hope i'll have my baby soon.. :(

• No, we're "slaves" to them. We give them food and water, we groom them, we play with them and we give them a place to stay. ;)

• my 2 pet dogs are a very BIG part of the family and we involve them as much as possible and i wouldn't have it any other way

• I love my slaves.

• wouldn't call it slaves, it's not like they do anything for us, but in a way it's true... wouldn't say it about my dog tho lol, she's so spoiled

• No they are not? Tf?

• My cat is part of my family, she is'nt a pet
    or a slave :p

• I think that bird fish are slaves.. just them.

• They use them as houseguards and gets treated like gold for their service.

• It depends... some people really don't deserve to be pet owners, some treat their pets better than their own children, and other people are slaves tot heir pets.

What Guys Said 18

• well my pets certainly aren't treated like slaves and if they want to leave they can just walk out, im not stopping them, they choose to live with me.

• Animals live to survive. By providing animals with food, water, shelter, and attention, they live happier lives than they do in the wild.

Note: does not apply to ALL animals, just the traditional pets.

• no they are not

what do you think about this question?:

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1733028-do-you-think-she-has-ever-done-this

• No, they're not slaves. For one, we don't force pets to work. For another thing, if I were an animal I'd much rather be a pet than living in the wild. For an animal in the wild, there is no guarantee that it will even get food to eat on any given day, and it could be attacked by a predator at any moment.

• our cats can come and leave as they want, they are not enclosed in our house... and they always come back so I guess it can't be that bad. I also have the feeling that they have more control over me than the other way around -_-

of course, that might be for other animals different...

• More like were slave to pets cuz we work for them and feed the while they are slacking off. Seems juz about right ;P

• I let all of my pets go outside freely, and they always return on their own accord. Thus, I can only assume that the are voluntarily choosing to return, and thus voluntarily choosing to live with me. The such cannot be called slavery if voluntary.

• You're serving your pets with love, shelter and food so actually humans are slaves to their pets, in normal circumstances.

• They are family!! 😄❤️😸

• Have you ever seen a documentary on slavery (of any race?), Comparing owning a pet to owning a slave is completely different. Pets are loved companions. Slaves are property.

• Depends how you treat them, if you actually treat them like slaves and call yourself their masters then ofcourse they need to be liberated

• most pets live better than many humans do

• There are the happiest slaves I've ever seen if that's the case lol

• Pokemon trainers are worst man

• My pet is my slave man. I torture him with cuddles!!!

• Pets are companions.

• Pets are best friends not slaves.

• It depends on the owner. In some cultures they use animals for agricultural work.

Like cats for examples where originally brought into our homes in the 16th century to get rid of mouse problems, over time they have become domesticated.

And dog where also used originally for work, like hunting, shepherding sheep, guard dogs etc...

So in many respect they where slaves as they worked for food and shelter.