Why do gangs form? and why would anyone want to be part of one?

Why join one?

Most Helpful Guy

• My brother was in a gang
    it was all the Mexican kids in my neighborhood, as a means of sticking together and watching each others backs, as well as making money through some immoral means.
    most of the kids in the gang didn't have stable homes, and were victimized themselves. The gang becomes like a family to them.

They made this gang when they were about 14... its still around but my brother has matured out of it, but still got arrested a bunch of times and beat up a lot...

people join gangs so they won't be alone

• Very well said.

• @TrainwreckAdvice growing up seeing how my mom suffered to see my brother I couldn't do that to her and join

But as a result my brothers loyalty was questioned and so was mine to the Mexican community. especially since my closest friends were black.

Thanks for the star

What Girls Said 2

• They usually don't have any family or any support elsewhere so it gives them comfort being able to be a part of something and knowing there are people there who would give their lives for them. It's a security thing.

• to throw eggs on someone's house.. :P

What Guys Said 5

• The gang gives a familial type of belonging and support for its members.

Most gang members don't have that in their lives elsewhere.

• 0|0
  • I would tell you if I knew ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• So they can take showers together and save some water yo

• 1st people formed gangs in California because they had no choice to form their own government, as In the black panther's, because if someone got murdered the police most likely not show up and the police would beat them up in some cases murder them, but the government got Ricky Ross to sell crack to corrupt the image of them and convinced the people of the U. S. to view them as criminals, and to the point where gangs where bad... But these young people now a dayz don't know the truth about gangs and join to be destructive... It's part of manipulation and for the reason of the government... if your really interested look into it