I was harassed on the bus today?

A man touched my butt- groped it actually and I was too shocked to do or say anything.
I just want to cry... is there anything I can do- tell the cops maybe?

Most Helpful Guy

• The cops may not be able to do much other than write a report about what happened but yes, you should still contact them. Sexual assault should never go un punished, the fact that you are a minor and I am assuming he is not means that if they catch him… well shit is going to get real for him, very quickly. You may also want to look into getting pepper spray or something like that. Also this video here may help a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj-jMnq3JNQ

Most Helpful Girl

• You shouldn't have let him get away with that because now you can't call the cops. You have no evidence of sexual harassment. Personally I would've called him out on it. Don't let him get away without feeling ashamed.

What Guys Said 7

• The cops won't do anything. Next time just make a scene and call him out. In a public place like that, everyone will be judging him and proud of you for standing up. Set an example.

I understand how hard it is, but you have to understand that not doing anything still makes a statement. It says to him that he won't have any consequences, that he can get away with it again, and that what he's doing it's really wrong or bad. Please don't perpetuate those ideas.

It is not easy. Doing the right thing is often the hardest, but the more you develop your behaviours, the more they become a part of your character. Which person would you rather be?

Plus, when you do hold them accountable for their actions, you make a much louder statement, and it is heard by everyone around you. You never know who might be in an abusive situation, who just needs to see someone with the courage to stand up to their abusers to find inspiration.

• First tell your parents then tell the police. Many modern buses have CCTV on them these days so there is a chance the police might be able to get video surveillance of it from the bus company. The police need to know there is creep doing this.

• Carry pepper spray and spray his perveted ass next time.

Dead serious about this.

• I'm so sorry to hear this... :(
    The cops would work if you know or can find out who he was. If not, I think you just might have no option but to try to move on.

• Yes, tell the police... the bus may have had camera surveillance. If it was on the bus, there is a good chance that the groper is a regular commuter on that particular time...

• No one else saw this? If I was a woman I would carry a taser and some pepper spray in every pocket! My daughters will know this soon!

And I was touched yesterday too.. at a concert, but I was pleasantly surprised! Not gonna call the cops.

• Should have told the driver, when he was dropping you off

What Girls Said 0