Longest drive... how far was it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't remember how long... probably about a day or 2 of almost straight driving? From Vancouver, BC to Sacramento, once from Vancouver to San Francisco.
    Other times, I drove from Berlin to Venice, Berlin to Paris.

In other words, road-trips are nothing new to me! :)

What Guys Said 32

• Uninterrupted, a gal and I split the driving from Portland, Oregon, to San Francisco. Can't remember the time, but wouldn't reveal anyway as it would be admitting certain violations of motor vehicle codes. (Yeah, I was young once)

Interrupted, I drove from San Francisco to Jacksonville, Florida by way of Norfolk, Virginia.

• 18hrs... by myself, N. C to WI... out of desperation. I don't know if I should factor in the sleeping time at a truck stop...

• 26 hours straight, Michigan to South Padre. The drive there was quick cause it was spring break, but that ride back home... dragged us like it was gonn take a decade.

• longest drive was a 16hr drive from Philadelphia to Florida

• A good 20 hours with a friend. From Germany to Spain.

• The longest I drove on my own was to and from Chicago, about 45 minutes and back.
    Longest road trip I done was from the Northern part of Indiana down all the way to Nevada by Vegas.

• Uninterrupted? Meaning just a bathroom break, to grab food, to gas up, and not stopping to spend the night at a hotel? About eight... ish hours from Kansas City to Chicago (and back, of course).

With a sleep break? From Kansas City to Virginia.

• I did 11,600km in 16 days this summer. Drove from the Alberta mountains in Canada to the coast, down the coast through the states, hitting up the entire coast and all the main cities, until we got to mexico, then came back up through Arizona, Vegas, and hit up all the big parks up (grand canyon, zion, Yellowstone, etc..)

• That's my dream right there! How long did that take u and what did it cost

• Well we did it in 16 days so quite a lot of driving. Didn't feel rushed just exhausted at the end. But yeah you drive 6 to 10 hours daily. Went with my girlfriend so it was about 2k per person, spending about 100 per night on hotels, restaurants for supper, packing breakfasts/snacks or hotel inclusive and usually grabbing something quick for lunch. We also hit up every attraction worth seeing in every place so that's where a lot of the money was spent and gas was 800 bucks. If you go with a full car (4 people) and camp a lot more you can pull it off for about 1k.

• It was over 10 hours from my town to Sharm El-Sheikh but believe me it was worth it. :D :D I spend the most amazing week end yet.

• I have been from Cali to Canada in a car. But I wasn't driving myself.

Haven't taken a long trip where I was the one driving... yet.

• I can't tell precisely, I'll have to check later but it was from Malbork to Klaipeda.

• 8 hours. would've been 6 if i didn't fuck up and drive an 30 minutes out of the way... by the way, it should've been about 10 hours+, but everything goes by quicker going 90mph.

• 28 hours. I drove 25 of it. US is too big lol

• About 14 hrs from Edmonton, Alberta to British Columbia

• Not really that long, one day i drove for around 350 km's. Driving time took around 5 hours, but i had a one hour break between them.

• Does getting stuck in traffic count as making the drive longer? 13 hours in that case.

• 3 days driving from Cairo to Aswan I EXTREMELY ENJOYED THE TRIP

• 25 hours. about 900ish miles

• From Colorado, down to Texas, then Tennessee. 25 hours.

• California to South Dakota and back. 3200 miles.

• Virginia to Florida, so about 10 and a half hour drive.

• About 36 hours on and off

• 220-metres with a 1 Wood

• From Luxembourg to Barcelone... 10 or 11 hours but we stopped in Orange and split it up

• 6-12hours in a bus with a basketball club.
    Across italy, then continually to Austria

• I've driven across the US 3 times both ways

• From North Carolina to California.

• From Nashville Tennessee to Wisconsin. Took 12 hours.

• I've had too many long drives... the longest one must have been around 1600 km

• Can't remember exactly, but it can't have been that short of 24 hours..

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 16

• Probably only like 3 or 4 hours. My parents value time more than money so we usually just take the plane out of state.

• By myself, I drove kind of across the country. I drove from Minnesota, to Florida, then visited friends in Texas before driving back to Minnesota. I drove around 10 hours a day, taking breaks to cool my engine, get fuel and eat.

We took a lot of family trips. When we lived in Italy, we drove all over Western Europe and visited other family members.

• From Chicago, Illinois to Silver City, New Mexico. Longest drive everrrrrrrr 😒 but it was worth it 👍

• In one sitting, or stretched over a few days on a long trip? The longest single drive I've been on has probably been upwards of 19 hours. The longest "roadtrip" was across the United States.

• It was either a 14-15 hour drive to Florida from Maryland. It was for a family vacation. We've taken that drive several times as well. My poor father drove most, if not all, of the way, too.

• Nothing like a good ol drive down the east coast lol

• @jwhit Back roads as much as possible for me!

• lol yes, that's the way to go! 😅

• From home (Michigan) to Canada and Illinois. Separate occasions but same time distance. About 3-4 hours.

• Coming back from Virginia. We got extremely lost. We left at 10pm and didn't get home til 10 that next morning.

Oh and I did catch a train to Florida before which took about 23hrs, but that was much more pleasant.

• I drive from California to Illinois twice a year. It's about 2000-2500 miles depending on where I left from/where I'm going.

• I've never driven long periods of time, but the longest road trip i went on was 15 hrs from New Hampshire to North Carolina

• WA to NSW, 9 days.

• From here to Portugal. So 2391 km so 23 hours in the car. It was really horrible since I'm carsick.

• Toronto to Destin, Florida. 19 hours none stop.
    Day and a half with pee breaks and naps.

• From Detroit to San Diego. It took about 40 hours. I drove 30 of it.. Never again!!!

• I'm looking to go on a trip but it's 40 hrs there and back... so I dunno

• Honestly after like twelve hours it's not fun anymore lol

• Yah iv done a few 9 hrs where I drove and I didn't even enjoy that. The excitement wore off fast

• More than 18 hours, if I remember..

• 12 hours, I think.

• 2 days. So cal to georgia to Florida