Should high school students get punished for needing to go to the restroom during class time?

I had to pee bad, and my teacher said I could go, but would have to bring back a detention slip from the office. So, now I have a fucking detention!

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd be furious; in fact, I would not only get a doctor slip stating I have a weak bladder and present it AS MANY times as I felt necessary to totally piss that teacher off, I would call an attorney and sue based on being forced to choose between possible ruptured bladder and detention, i. e. if you are a good student your bladder ruptures, and if taking care of an emergency health issue, you are disciplined (Catch 22 situation). I'm not sure if that is considered under false imprisonment concept, or duress, or neither. Not an attorney.

Once in HS, after I had turned 18, I was smoking a cigarette in my own car on the way to school a good 20 minutes before the school day began. I was hauled into the vice principal's office, and he told me he was going to discipline me. I told him I was going to get an attorney to have my parent's sue him for violating my right in my state to smoke at 18. I won.

• Edit: my thought is: if next time it happens and you are denied, pee right there on the floor of the class to prove you ain't lyin'! Just a little bit then run down the hall - he (she?) will not be able to do squat about it.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 7

• That's ridiculous. What if the girl is on her period and HAS to go to the restroom?
    What does she expect, students to bring an empty bottle to pee in there?
    Ridiculous.

• Yeah they should get the shit beat out of them

vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/.../Ba_dum_tss.jpg

• I bet he thought you were one of those kids who ask to go to the bathroom but then goes everywhere but there and just walks the halls. Me personally, I wouldn't go to the detention as protest but that route is might not be the best for ya I don't know do what you gotta do but yeah it's fucked up

• I knew this guy who wasn't allowed to go to the bathroom so he just pissed in the trash can. Just pulled itbout and started pissing in the trash can

• no, but you should go before class

• Yes, at least the girls do. Send them to my office and I will take care of it.

• That seems ridiculous, but wouldn't you be able to get around that by simply not coming back to the classroom? No detention slip, no detention.

What Girls Said 14

• Pee on the detention slip before you give it to your teacher

• That's incredibly cruel and I'm sure violates your basic human rights. I hope you report your teacher and send him/her to detention :P

• That's illegal, I'm almost positive

• Purely because sometimes people (I'm thinking girls especially- but guys get stuff too) cannot wait and have an emergency that means they need to go!
    To me, that's like saying "well you're bleeding, but you can't have a plaster right now"

• Yes definitely unless they have a bladder problem or have siezueres, but everyone else should go before class, no exceptions.

• There is not enough time in between calsses, especially if it's a big school.

• Yes there is lol you just have to tell your friends "excuse me 5 minuites i need the bathroom" but instead you stand there talking... lol excuses...

• That doesn't seem right. You sure didn't deserve that detention. Talk to the administration about the unfair detention.

• I would had my parents call them and yell at the school about it that doesn't make sense if you were allow that teacher has no reason to give out a detention slip so they abusing their power of authority.

• No, that's a terrible thing to do.

• Basically, your friends and previous students pretty much fucked it up for you. Every teacher I'm sure thinks that "every" student goes to the bathroom to either cheat or skip a few minutes of class.

• Teachers are so un-understanding. Like, seriously, sometimes you can't help your bladder.

• That's insane man, unless you literally just came back from luch there is no flippin reason to punish you.

• Detention for bathroom breaks? Is the school on crack?

• Technically that should be illegal, you alerted your teacher that you needed to use the bathroom and they denied it too you. It should be ok to walk out of the classroom. they shouldn't give you detention. You have human rights, get your mom or dad to call the school and make a big deal about it. And don't go to the detention because thats ridiculous.

• If you have to leave class for any reason, like forget book or homework in your locker or have to go the restroom, punishment is expected.