Who's smarter? A 30 year old or a 25 year old?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• Age does not determine intelligence.

• Hmm interesting, but what about in general though... who is smarter or more wise? A 10 year old or a 20 year old?

• @Gem45 They're both smarter than you and the Asker for taking me literally.

• Woah! I took you literally? Boy you are really smart too! :D

• Experience is no guarantee of wisdom. Soo. Depends on what two people we're talking about. I'm sure the 25 year old bill Gates was smarter than most 35 year Olds now a days.

• ... the one with life experience.

• Intelligence has nothing to do with age. I've met 15 year olds who are smarter than 50 year olds.

• Wow! Are you serious?

• Well it's relative. You could consider yourself smart if you're good at something but terrible at other stuff. Also, being smart does not always equal being mature. Maturity is more closely related to age but I've even met teenagers more mature than people who are married with kids.

• Interesting...

Considering people with kids have more to be responsible for so therefore they SHOULD be more mature, but yeah I agree with you.

• Depends on the gender really. I mean girls know more about certain subjects like cooking and housework and what not.

• Umm... really? lol... household/domestic/manual labor does NOT mean intelligence or experience...

• Age does not matter in terms of intelligence.

• So you're telling me that a 10 year old is wayy smarter and wiser than a 20 year old? Give me a break!

• You're taking things wayy into context. It really depends maybe the 20 year old you are saying lives in an island and is isolated you say so then they would be more knowledgable in surviving in the wilderness than a 10 year old would. I'm just talking in terms of generalities... not really anything else... 20 year old's brain is bigger, more done with growing... matured more...

Can sexually reproduce another being...

• In those terms yes, the 20 year old would be smarter than the 10 year old. But like I said, we do not know their life stories.

• Age does not determine intelligence.

• So you would not call wisdom, intelligence? I think they are the same thing, aren't they?

• I don't know i'm pretty dumb. go ask someone who's smart

• Whoever tests higher on IQ tests on a continuing basis every five years for a sum of fifteen years from first test.

• Why did you ask first about 30, and then ask again about 31?

Pointless questions, dumb answers, weird site

• Wow that's mean to say... I've seen dumber questions on here, I hope you don't think that my question was dumb.

• And I thought they said there was no such thing as a dumb question... I was fed lies!! lol!!

• No such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people

• In that age group could be either one since we are going by who might have more knowledge not life experience

What Girls Said 10

• Let's put it this way. You can have someone at 25 get into a car and drive drunk and you can have someone at 31 do the same thing. By virtue of being older, you do acquire more life experience but its in how you use that, absorb that, disseminate that into the world, that it becomes useful to yourself or others. Some people never learn from their mistakes, never pick up a book, never do anything worthy and become 80 year old idiots. At 25, you have a lot to still learn, hell, we all do, but you can be smart with what you're currently doing at any age. Short answer, equally smart, equally dumb, depends on the person.

• What counts as smart.

There is no set answer but if you really want to know who is smarter than I guess you could assume that if they both went to college and then went straight to work with out any more studying. Lets just say they have all the same factors, same person just at different times in their lives.

The 25yr old might possibly be more book smart after leaving college while the 31yr old may be wiser. This of course requires a lot of restrictions and what not so really the answer is that age is just a number and life experience as well as who the person is and what they value as intelligence would show who is smarter.

• So you are telling me that a 10 year old knows a lot more than a 40 year old?

If age is just a number... but I guess you are right in that with only a 5-6 year age difference, it's kind of a small difference.

• Yeah that is a small age difference. With so many variables you can't say for sure who is more intelligent. I mean sure we can assume the 31yr old is because they are older but thats not a set fact. 10 and 40... haha I mean maybe if the 10 year old finished school plus had years of life experience from... I don't know something incredible, like oh Narnia the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. They live in Narnia till they are old and then come back as kids. So maybe they are smarter than a 40yr old? haha

• Just realized you are the 31yr old. I totally assumed that it was the 25yr old asking. Just curious who is the 25yr old, what is the relation?

• What does age have to do with it?

• Age gives you time to learn from your mistakes, from other people's mistakes, from life in general...

• Then why are you even asking this question? 😂

• Just wondering what people's opinions were really...

I would hope that my 25 year old ex isn't smarter than me...

• It depends!

• Can be either one

• Age doesn't count its how much YOU know.

• But in general, how is it possible that someone younger, with a smaller brain, less life experience, less wisdom, would be smarter? Don't people usually learn through their own mistakes if not other's mistakes? I would think that wisdom = smart.

• A person could be 30 but dropped out of school and if the 15 year old is still in school then the 26 year old would be smarter

• 25! how did I mess that up?😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• it actually all depends on the person's life expericence , i think

• Age has nothing to do with intelligence. Though usually people get wiser by age because of their experiences, there are times where people don't. That's why prodigy's exist and that's why ignorant people exist too.

• Honestly depends on their experience. i know some 25 year olds who have been through more stuff than 31 year olds bc the 31 year olds have lived w their parents their whole life.

• I see. But those can be exceptions though not the rule. Who would, in general be wiser/smarter? A 10 year old or a 20 year old? Or does it more less depend on life stage (adulthood vs kid)?

• I honestly... don't know. I could argue for a ten year old, bc many children see things adults cannot. They observe things adults are too busy to ever notice. But adults have more experience. So, honestly, it could go either way.

• Oh, also, I have friends who are like mega geniuses. They have an IQ of like 180 and are wayyyy smarter than a lot of the adults ik. My IQ is 160 (above average but not amazing) and I still top many adults. Im only fifteen. And, also, from reading through your replies, I can sexually reproduce. So, technically, I, a fifteen year old, am smarter than, say... a 31 year old (a friend of my moms).

• Being smart has nothing to do with age.

• But won't the 30 year old have more life experience?

• Well, it's not impossible for a 25 yo to be way more experienced than a 30 yo.

• True. I guess if the 25 year old has been through the gutter in terms of life's bad cards or something but I would like to think that the older you get, the more life experience you WILL experience and the better you are at making life's difficult decisions or the more mature you are.