Will a sliver remove itself / fall out on its own?

I was moving pallets at work tonight and managed to get a sliver in my arm. It doesn't hurt anymore, but it's kinda just chillen there. Haven't been able to remove it with tweezers or anything, so wondering if it'll poof and skedaddle on its own?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 3

• it really depends on where it is, sometimes they will, however you should keep an eye on them because sometimes they will get infected, which can then lead to other problems. However if there is no pain or sign of infection then you shouldn't have too much to worry about.

• Yeah I vaguely remember reading somewhere that you should keep an eye on a sliver if you can't remove it, which is mainly why I asked the question. Thanks!

• You'll be fine. If its to deep to remove just let it be, do not try and dig it out.

Source: Woodworking since 10

• Yeah my coworker was digging at it earlier to try and remove it, but it just made it all red and splotchy and raised the skin around it. It's been a couple hours and now you can't even tell it's there unless you look closely.

• You mean a splinter? You should try to get it out asap since it could lead to an infection.

• A sliver 😐 lol but yeah. It fell out on its own

What Girls Said 0