Best chapstick/lip balm for the winter months?

My lips are usually very hydrated, but over the last few days I've noticed the sting of tiny cuts.

I use Burt's Bees replenishing lip balm with pomergranate oil now. But it's not working. I love Carmax, but a friend told me about the company adding something to the formula that over time cracks the lips.

What's the best lip balm to use during the winter?

Bonus points if it's under 5 dollars.

• Burt's Bees
  • Carmax
  • Softlips
  • Eos
  • Chapstick brand
  • Neutrogena
  • other/see results
Sorry guys, I forgot about Nivea!

Most Helpful Guy

• Now time to be the asshole... hehe. Most inorganic brands contain a chemical that causes your lips to chap even more if not applied regularly. I will always stick with the basics>>>vaseline (cocobutter), burts bee's and coconut oil. Regardless most if not all cases of chapped and bloody lips can be cured with the simple application of vaseline once every 2 hours. On top of that vaseline makes for an extremely cheap buying option and is also an excellent applicator for topical woulds.
    img.memecdn.com/the-more-you-know_o_2334003.jpg

• So you've heard about the additive too. Ah, I was hoping it wasn't true. I don't want to be a slave to one product.

Most Helpful Girl

• I buy lip scrubs from lush because Believe Me, oh my God, oh my God, they work amazing. And Eos is shit, seriously.
    If I don't feel like restocking on stuff, I put coconut oil or vasoline on my lips!
    If you want to know a good body moisturizer Aveeno is really good! Looks like this:
    ii.aveeno.com/.../1001078_12.tif&wid=1000&cvt=jpeg
    But ya check out lip scrubs from lush!

• Lush. I bet their products are great. Ah, I wish there was a retailer near me so I wouldn't have to order anything.

• Did you smell amazing after? People kept sniffing me.

• I smelt pretty good too. Haha, powerful stuff

What Guys Said 10

• I use organic coconut oil. It's natural and inexpensive, and it makes my lips feel amazing.

p-fst2.pixstatic.com/...e0015fa._w.1500_s.fit_.jpg

• I use one that smells and tastes like Coca-Cola xD

• I'm a CarMax man

• Carmex is the best! ;-)

• Burt's bees pomegranate, the dark blue nivea and possibly cocoa butter Vaseline if it's really bad.

• I have the burt's pomergranate. It's ok now. But when it got really cold, it stopped working :/

• Are you on any medication that dries the skin, like accutane? Either way you should try cocoa butter Vaseline, it works wonders.

• I'm not. My skin is just very sensitive in the cold. I think I'll try something very thick like vaseline or something natural like coconut oil.

• i always use CarMax

• I just use Vaseline on mine.

• Does it have a bad taste?
      Also, do you have kissable luscious lips?

• There's no taste to it really...

and yes i sure do ;)

:*

• No those are not good

You need to use a lip repairing balm. Might cost around 10 dollars or more. But it will repair your cuts and prevent. Depending where you live im not sure what brands you can choose from

• Im not sure but dont do Eos, it sucks. i know several people who say it actually makes your lips drier.

• blistex.. . . .

• I forgot blistex too. There are so many companies. What product do you use specifically?

• complete-moisture. it tastes good, protects well and lasts a relatively long time without having to apply it constantly.

What Girls Said 15

• Nivea's really good. No fragrances added via alcohol in the product, hence actually drying your lips out a bit, counteracting the moisturizing effect. Some Nivea ones do have fragrances, but they don't seem quite as bad as EOS or something.

I've found for when it's really cold, Nivea's fairly new 'lip-butters' work really well too. A bit thicker in consistency, come in really cool flavours and since they're thicker, they stay on longer and prevent any cracking once the moisture wears off.

• I heard Burt's Bees are good and Neutrogena. I used to use Eos, but I was allergic to them and it caused me to break out on my lip a lot.

• That's terrible :/ some things clog the pores around my lips. Don't even ask me how that's possible.

• Lol, I know. Right now I have this pimple on my lip that just won't go away. I swear it's been there for almost a year if not a year. It's not herpes lol, but it just won't go away. It's so irritating. I've popped lip pimples before, but they hurt when I do that, so I'm too lazy to do it right now, but I want it gone! Haha.

• Haha, dude, they stay there forever, I have to get mine out or else it will stay there forever and bug the hell out of me. But it does hurt when I get it out. :/ Why pores, why

• im an EOS fan. they always keep my lips soft and moisturised all year round.

• Considering I am on a medication called Accutane that dries the fucking shit out of my skin and lips, the only thing that works for me and everyone else that is on Accutane is Aquaphor.

• Burt's Bees, Carmax, or Blistex seem to be the best from what I've heard and used. Vaseline can work as well, though that's not specifically a lip balm.

• Inika chapstick hydrates well, but it's a little expensive
    media.gorgeousshop.com/.../...balm-with-swatch.jpg

• Use the mini vaselines you can find at CVS or Walgreens. They're awesome !! Also throw some regular vas on at night my lips are perf wheni wake up. Sleeping w mouth open can dry them out

• EOS is the best that I've tried.
    Also before you go to bed use a little coconut oil! And let it soak. :)

Def avoid softlips and carmex...

• Coconut oil twice a day, vasoline to apply throughout the day.
    That's what I do when mine get bad.

• I use eos and I love it but only because it smells and tastes amazing. It's not that great for chapped lips. I use carmex when its winter and my lips need some serious soothing.

• Blistex

...

• I use Nivea and its really good! :)

• Burt's bee is better as it moisturiserers and I use it.

• Softlips or Babylips! They're both so good

• Try Rubbing OLIVE OIL on your lips! It is really good for you and will make them smooth. It is natural and cheap and can be used for a bunch of other things. It's good to consume on the daily. It can also helo with any other dry area of the skin like elbows, knees or hands. Especially if they get dry and flaky like mine in the winter.