What to feed the kitties?

I don't know where the mama cat went to -_- they're just baby kittens, there's four of em. My housemate is allergic to them so I can't bring them into the house. They've been outside my house since this morning and what should I feed them? Help 😭

Most Helpful Guy

• The mom is probably just hunting and away. Baby kittens will normally be left alone for stretches of time. Very rare for kittens to be abandoned.

If you truly do not see the mom again after a day or so, do contact a shelter. Kittens should be adopted quickly.

If they're crying all the time and obviously hungry, go ahead and give them some kitten formula in a little bottle. Major big-box department stores normally stock these items.

Take care of those kitties! Good luck.

• I've noticed the kittens for a few days now, only today that they've been outside my house.. which is why I couldn't open the garage or they'd come in.

I feed them milk tho, is it okay? My dog is literally barking at the door the entire time 😭

• Thanks a lot 😊

• Well thanks, and thanks again for looking after those sweet kitties. :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Can they walk already? If so just feed them dry food thats for kittens royal canin weaning is good for kittens under the age of 4 months cause the pebbles are really small making it easier for them to chew it.

If they're still learning how to walk just give them cat milk you can find it in like petshops

• They can walk already, and yup I fed them milk cause I just bought em from the grocery store.

• Ah I've told my friend and he went to buy some dry food for kittens already. Thanks so much 💙

• You're welcome!😁

What Guys Said 2

• Milk! meow meow!

• I hear children make great sacrifices,
    but in all seriousness milk... straightforward... in particular whole milk so they get the nutrients.

What Girls Said 5

• There's kitten formula you can get at a pet store. But you should really contact a shelter to come get them.

• Hand feed them semi-warm milk. Or if u have a baby bottles (of any size from super small to a full 8 ouce *two ounces per kitten*) I used to volunteer at the SPCA here.. also, I grew up with cats and kittens as my pets <3

• I fed them milk that I bought from the grocery store.. cold milk ahh 😣🙈

• It's ok. Mistakes happen. You didn't know.

• Can you give us an update on things when they get resolved?

• They're now at my friend's, and we've called the shelter, they'd come on tomorrow to pick em up. 😊

• Come tomorrow** wtf was I typing lol 😂

You're welcome ^^ I hope they will have new owners asap tho. They're so adorable 💙

• Kittens are usually super easy to adopt out so I'm sure they will :)

• My grandma feeds them pasta and Couscous 😂 I think they like it, they even bring their other kittie friends from the whole city and we end up having 15 cats in the garden haha 🍝

• Do you know how old they are? If you don't know here is this website with some pictures.http://www.alleycat.org/kittenprogression