Macbook pro screen problems, any ideas of what it might be?

Hey guys, I am having problems with my MacBook pro. My screen suddenly looks like this I tried to shut it down and turn it on again and it is normal for a couple of minutes and then the same thing happens. Do you guys have an idea of what it might be?

17

Most Helpful Guy

• Has your screen flickered? I think the problem is the connection between your computers video output to your screen. That cable may have gotten loose or is bad now.

It's also possible that row of LCDs are bad now but I don't think that's the issue because it looks like where the left side of your screen would normally be is shifted or offset to the right. If the LCD row was bad I don't think it would offset.

Also if the screen is normal for a few minutes intermittently I'm pretty sure that means the cable was either not positioned correctly or the wire or circuit was intermittently open. I'm pretty sure it's the cable. Good luck cheekkky : )

• You are correct, I had troubles with the connection :) thank you!

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 6

• might be a connection issue. unfortunately, you can't take those macbooks apart unless you know what you're doing. take it into an apple store.

• Don't know, maybe it is some type of interference from something. Have you tried moving to another part of your house and using the computer?

• Yes, I have and I still have the same problem. I also tried to move the screen a bit because I thought that perhaps it was something with the connection of my screen.

• Oh ok I would say something is wrong with it then. What is wrong I do not know.

• has it been running really hot often?

Has it happened before?

Have you tried rebooting it?

Looks like a serious case of permanent screen tearing, but i need the above questions answered to determine the most likely reason.

• Did you install any new updates?

• I did actually, a couple of days ago and I noticed that it got a bit slower after that.

• Same thing happened to mine, I was thinking that maybe I needed a screen replacement so I went ahead and did it but it didn't fix it, it turned out to be the update I installed.

• How did you solve it? Because I don't think I can go back to an older update or can I?

• I had some screen problems form time to time but nothing like that.
    Maybe it is running for too many hours or days?
    Because I that seemed to be the problem with mine. I also cleaned it with an antivirus and removed all cache folders.

• I'm not very technical, but I had a similar thing a while ago, but it was just one strip down the screen. Something to do with the pixels I think. I found that if I taped or flicked the screen it would clear for a few minutes. But eventually I had to get a new macbook - it was over 5 years old though.

• Mine is from 2010 so perhaps it is time to get a new one. However, this is the first time I am experiencing problems with it and it's really sudden so I was interested in knowing what it might be.

• I will try that today! Thank you for your answer :)

• No worries. Hope you get it fixed with minimal expense. :)

What Girls Said 1

• Did you try starting the system from new (like how someone might reinstall Windows)?