Feminists, please explain?

I am a staunch anti-feminist, but I like to keep an open mind. So please, and I mean this with all sincerity, give me third party information on why you are a feminist and why I should also be one. I mean sources, writings, videos, etc. I really want to learn, that's why I picked up my first Margaret Atwood book to better understand feminism. And if you are willing (please put it in your post if you are) allow me to rebut your information so that we can both learn.
I like the quote from Ayn Rand “When I disagree with a rational man, I let reality be our final arbiter; if I am right, he will learn; if I am wrong, I will; one of us will win, but both will profit.” Let me profit by your knowledge.

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally, I think everybody should be a feminist. A feminist is someone who supports gender EQUALITY, not female superiority. What we see a lot in social media and on the news are really radical feminists called Radfems or those who go by the name Feminazi's, these people are not the "dictionary definition" of feminists.

Definition of feminism in English:
    noun
    The advocacy of women’s rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.

• So what is the source. And may I counter?

• fair enough, thank you.

• @AllAboutTheX Thank you as well.

Most Helpful Guy

• Thanks for sharing that quote. I know who Ayn Rand is, I have never read any of her work, and have never heard the quote, but it does summarize very nicely my thoughts on that matter.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 1

• Feminism bears no resemblance to the dictionary definition quoted by feminists. Defining feminism as "the advocacy of women’s rights on the grounds of the equality of the sexes" is no different than defining Nazism as "the advocacy of gentile rights on the grounds of economic and social equality".

The point is obvious: feminism should be judged based on its actions, not what is says it is. Feminism is a horribly negative force in the western world today and does not represent equality by any stretch of the imagination. That is just a fact.