Do you realize, how a persons life experiences can change them for better or worse?

I see it on here a lot, people telling someone "they're bitter" and acting like it was a choice they made. Instead of it being an experience they had that led to that bitterness. Or, from my own experiences. I can see how they have changed me for the worst and turned me into someone I never would have choosen to be and everyday I want to fix it but I'm not sure where to start.

So, it makes me wonder if people know how life can change a person for either better or worse?

Or, if people understand that who you become isn't always a conscious choice but more like a path your life experiences lead you down. Do you understand that? Do you understand that life can sometimes shape who we are and shape who we become, even if we don't want it to?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes life definitely changed me. I was a pretty confodent kid until i moved to a new plave on third grade. New school with kids that seemed to have everything.

Getting made fun of all the time, and not learning how to socialize. Always feeling like i couldnt measure up.

Did a number on me, but i hope i can get out of thus funk and do what i want. That would be the greatest revenge on my past

Most Helpful Girl

• definitely. I'm 100% aware of that and it's so refreshing to meet people who acknowledge that too. i truly respect a person who has allowed their past to aid their growth rather than become the source of their gradual decay.
    when i see people being consumed by their past, i feel really sad for them because there are so many opportunities out there to become better. just gotta get off the ground, quite whining and move forward.

#resilience <3

What Guys Said 3

• yes I do realize.

• Of course, life experiences can result in you becoming jaded or cynical.

However, it's not the fault of new people you meet and they don't deserve to be met with anger and negativity.

• well yeah... everything comes from experience. Literallly EVERYTHING...

What Girls Said 1

• Oh, I totally understand that from personal experience just like you. Our choices and actions are based off of experiences often.