Why do some Gagers never tag the person when talking to them in opinion comments?

NOT TALKING ABOUT NEWBIES! With newbies it's understandable, they're new, they don't know how this site works yet.

But there are a few Gagers (who are well known around here, high Xper levels, been here for a long time and all that) that don't tag the person they have a conversation with. You know, when someone comments on their opinion, they respond without tagging them.

Do they not want the person to get the notification? Are they against the mention feature? What's the reason?

It just doesn't make sense. I don't even know why it bothers me, but it does a little bit whenever I see that happening. This also affects me if I'm talking to someone of that crew... I'm not gonna go back bazillion times to that question to see if they answered my comment x_x

@Alexious and @Iron_Man are the ones I've noticed being guilty of this the most! Care to share why?

Most Helpful Guy

• I could see several reasons.
    1. Gag has been around for a while. A person could be an original gager and just get back into gag after a long hiatus and not be aware of mentions. It's only been around a year or so.
    2. They are emotionally charged and are so caught up in a flame war they forget to mention.
    3. They're idiots.

• In @ironman case it's number 3.

• Yeah right you come on here and you spew out crap trying to tag me to start a flame war. You have many accounts, you jump from account to account and play your games on an account you dont mind losing. How do you know so much about my other questions because your a stalker that's why I made my profile private from trolls like you

• @Iron_Man I only have one account and if you double your IQ and add 30 you'd be able to remember when someone posts an absolutely absurd question or comment. While you idolized the WWE, I was reading a book. So sorry to burst your last brain cell. Sorry @MissNowhere for blowing up your thread. Iron _ man I'll give you the last word so you'll be able to sleep better. The stage is now yours.

Most Helpful Girl

• They sometimes annoy me a lot -_- I always have to go back to that question just to see if they have replied. Some people just assumed that I can receive the notifications even if they don't tag me, and get mad when I didn't reply them. Like wth man?

What Guys Said 30

• Well as you can see from your answers, there are some here who have reached Guru level and still think that the user is magically notified without being tagged. Amazing how some can use something that much and still not understand it.

• Sometimes the site software does it by itself, other times I have to copy paste it: easy on a computer. Long tap copying isn't always easy on a 4 inch phone screen.

• Maybe because they're used to the fact GAG does it automatically when you click the reply icon under the comment itself. If you mistake and don't see that there's no mention, things could go wrong if you're trying to be quick :o
    I think I generally do it correctly though I'm not 100% sure I've never forgotten it...

• I tag some times but usually they get the notification anyway just by me posting so I don't bother that much to Tag them

• NO THEY DON'T! lol

• Because it's YOUR POST!
      If you comment on someone else's opinion, and if they don't tag you when they answer you, you do not get a notification!!!
      You and Alexious basically don't do it for the same reason.

• But the thing is I have posted on there post and it was not even there thread before and they find it and we have talked. Ok my friend I have given you my Answer I hope its helped you

• maybe they didn't realize

• I actually don't know, because they can click the button in the bottom right corner to tag them without having to type the name in. Makes things much easier than at the start.

• Sometimes I do it on purpose just so they won't reply back but yet technically I did give a response to their questions so they can't say I ignored them just that I "forgot" to tag them.

• if thereΒ΄s just one person you commuicate with, do you call their name, everytime you say anything in real live? i think not and this is why i think itΒ΄s not necessary on here. though it kinda is, if multiple people join one discussion in the comments.

• BUT THEY DON'T GET THE NOTIFICATION THAT YOU ANSWERED!

• oh ok xD i thought it happens every time. iΒ΄m not even a noob... just assumed it.

• Well now you'll know lol

• in my opinion, it is because these people simply forget that the other person won't be automatically be notified.

• They will totally be automatically notified, unless you're talking to a different person... like if I was talking to another guy right here, in your response box, the other guy wouldn't get a notification... but you still would.

• I know from one level 5 girl who simply didn't know that you could simply use the reply button on the comment and automatically tag that way... so maybe there are other people like that or some who just have no clue how tagging works and who are not interested in learning it.

if you have a discussion with someone then I can't imagine why you wouldn't wanna get them a notification...

• Posts which directly descend underneath their post speak for themselves.

If i wanted to say something important (deserving of notification), i'd private message them.

• Nahhh they're like having PROPER conversations, like they specifically saying something to that person but don't tag them.

• * all parties should

• see how we both corrected ourselves? even though mine failed to do so...

that's called OCD. i understand why something so trivial bothers you. Let it go.

• OK. So, I think that only when you comment on someone else's opinion (not our own opinion) and then they reply to it without tagging you that you don't get the notification. All other cases, you and the other person gets the notification. Isn't that correct? Probably, most people don't know, I too never knew it until recently.

• They forget or do it on purpose I guess. All they gotta do is press the little text bubble reply thing on their comment

• Eh, I just assume they know I'm talking to them.
    Like, if were talking about something related to them, they'd know it was directed at them if you know what I mean. 😂

• But they don't get the notification! They have to always go back to the question and check. Is it really that hard to tag? You don't even have to write it out, you can just click on the chat icon next to their comment and it tags automatically. 😛

• Hahahaha XD shame on you! you're xper 8 and you didn't know it XD

• Eh, oh well. 😂

• BACK IN MY DAY WE DIDN'T HAVE NO FANGLED WOTSITS

• Just cause I comment doesn't always mean it's to you!!! >:P

• I dunno I think I do it all of the time. At least I try to and if I didn't then unintentionally.

• i am like that... its called being LAZY!

• This ma babez right here @elissadido πŸ‘ˆπŸΌ

• Sometimes I choose not to because when you get mentioned, u feel inclined to take time out of your GAG day to check the mention.

• You know... I just don't think about it.

I assume that when I'm talking to someone, they know I'm talking to them, because I'm very specific without even having to use the tags.

• Maybe they sometimes forget about that feature...

• Lol or the ones who do @Asker

• They are likely doing that to differentiate between the opinion owner and the asker. If you comment on the asker's comment to an opinion, it needs to be clear which one you are directing it to, though I just say "Asker" without the "@".

• That's so me @OrdinaryGentleman @noodleheadgentleman

• Sorry I think people will be annoyed here for tags

• Never heard of it.

• Because of the low interest in a discussion and the fact that taggin someone without a good reason is anoying.
    Also if I just want to mark my statement I am of no interest to discuss

• LAMO, Since when you care about this? I've heard some rumors about you lately.😏

• Since always.
      I bet it all came from the most immature guy on GAG that is Iron_Man. :) Yeah, sure, listen to him... and let your brain cells die.

• Ok I see, I just wish you two not fight each other anymore on this site, Plus he already blocked you, Some how he got reported a few times, No matter what happen between you two, Not it's end. If you don't like him , Put him in your blocks too, That's your right, I know don't block people. But it's up to you, You don't need to forget him, Just stay away from him. Now he won't like you again.

• Ohh I blocked that little kid already.

• Bwhahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Iron_Man, Missy calling out yo ass brah.

• You're a newbie : p

• I don't know what the tag feature is?

• Yes there is. Just put a "@" in front of their name. For example @Applefan1

• @Mesonfielde Ok, I think weve exhausted this conversation now lol. What shall we talk about next? ;-D

• Fair enough :P

I asked this question www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1738045-do-you-find-it-weird-when-a-girl-claims-that-they-like-you-because and the answers were quite insightful and not what I expected.

What Girls Said 18

• I think some are just lazy to type the additional letters for the name. Others might just really not want the person to be notified oO

• I know.. this is so annoying.. I sometimes tell people again and again.. come on.. click the fucking thing.. they don't even have to write the username and they still don't tag..

• -they could be just wanting to be low key about it
    -they want to talk of the person and not tag them in it
    -they don't want to annoy them

• I'm a relative newbie. I realised the importance of tagging. But how do you do it? Lol. I apologise in advance for my technological ineptness...

• Some might not realize it. Others might be anonymous and forget that they are or don't remember that they can't tag someone if they are anonymous.

• I try, but sometimes I get excited to respond and forget. :( And when I'm in lurker anon mode, I can't tag anyways haha.

• I don't tag sometimes usually because I just forget as it is a relatively new feature. Every once in a while I don't tag because I want to be able to say I answered but have the combo end

• @blondfrog is guilty of this a lot of times...

• Lol so true but I would say its half and half with me to be honest sometimes I do tag them and other times I don't lol.

• HAHAHA why does it bother you lol xD
    I mean, whatever :p

• I'm guilty of this sometimes.

I mostly forget.

• If i find my opponent in an Argument or Debatte really annoying, i sometimes would just not Tag them so the convo would just fucking end

• I just don't want to spam their inbox. If there's multiple people in the chat chain, I'll tag who I'm addressing, but I won't tag them if they're already getting a notification that I responded to their opinion of my opinion/ vice versa.

• I always forget, don't judge me!

• I just forget to do it to be honest. I hate having conversations on posts.

• RIIIIIGHT? it annoys me to tbh xD

• This bothers me too for some reason. Sometimes I tag users for them.

• I'd say they just don't know about it. It took me awhile to realize that was a thing. xD

• I can't imagine them not knowing how it works x_x They're not even close to being newbies.

• Then they're doing it to piss you off.. Specifically.

no but really.. I'm not sure. Maybe they're just lazy? ? o__O

• Must be lazy!

• it could be pure laziness