Have you ever been texted because someone had the wrong number?

Just happened to me, was surprised because it's the first time it's happened to me.. Ever. O_O

Got texted "hey sissy" and I'm thinking, I have three siblings.. They didn't call me a bitch so it's not my brothers.. And my sister doesn't talk to me, so I ask who she is and tell her she has the wrong number and she's like.. Asking for directions. Lady.. I have the worst sense of direction you couldn't have asked a worse person for that.

but yeah.. Doesn't happen to me. what about you? :p

Most Helpful Guy

• Have I ever been texted from the wrong number?
    Yes. I've gotten a "hey bb" text before from some random dude thinking I was his girl. I wonder if she gave him a wrong number or something when they met haha. I've also gotten a drunk text from some random fellow college student on Halloween last year xD
    I have been called also by "hey bb" man. That was interesting. He probably wasn't expecting some random deep dude voice to be on the phone.

I've also accidentally texted to a wrong number before. This was also awkward, considering the person's phone number who I accidentally texted apparently belonged to a missing person. The concerned parent of hers called me and started questioning where her daughter was. I had to explain to her I texted the wrong number and told her I had no idea who her daughter was o_o

• your phone is a bucket of misfortunate isn't it? lool.

• 😱😱😱😱😱
      🌲 🍙 🎄🔼🔽◀️▶️🔺🔻 ALL THESE TRIANGLES...
      IT IS TRUEEEEE

(Or you could just subtract go back a letter for each letter)

• Nah. Too much effort. I am sticking with my before statement.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. This is a conversation I had when it happened.

Them: That party last night was awesome!
    Me: I think you have the wrong number.
    Them: Nice try, when do you want to meet with the kids at the zoo?
    Me: Again. Wrong number.
    Them: Right, 'cause I didn't just see you and Andy at Michael's birthday yesterday and again at the party that night.
    Me: I'm pretty sure you didn't, that's correct.
    Them: I'm going to tell mom that you're being a dick. We're too old to resort to that.
    Me: Again. Wrong number.
    Them: Quit playing around. I'm going to tell mom.
    Me: You go right ahead and do that.

Then they called me and bitched at me for being rude to them and told me to forget their number.

• Geez.. They sound like a ray of sunshine. o_o

• Oh yeah. They were like 30 or something. I tried to tell them that I was 14 and unable to have a 7 year old son named Andrew but they didn't believe me lol

What Guys Said 12

• "hey sissy"

😂

I think someone got your number behind your back xD

and yes, happened to me twice, with the same girl twice.

• lol nahh. I haven't had it for too long, so not many people have my number to give anyways.

Twice?
      media.giphy.com/media/7GcdjWkek7Apq/giphy.gif
      She says 'if you fail once, try again' ;p

• I can't miss, I would be grumpy not getting any pizza lol.

You know when you're right you're right :P I thank you! for the endless smiles that make my cheeks go sour after about 4 minutes 😂

• Lol.. I'd be grumpy if I didn't get pizza either. Sucks.

See I told you I'm always right! :D you are so welcome ;p

• haha yeah a few years ago some dude thought i was a girl that he got a number from. me and my friend kept texting him back messing with him, trolling relentlessly.

• I had a very long talk with this girl I used to like cause she thought I was another guy with the same name. Even though I kept saying "are you sure you're talking with the right [my name]?"

• Yes I have three times and I have had the same phone number for nearly three years now. One said there is no way I've had this number that long , they were texting a girl on this number the week before ; I said that's not at all possible , he continued to argue it until I hung up and blocked his number

• It happened to me once and the person ask me who is this. I replied saying you text me and I never seen your number before. I don't know how she got my number but it was strange.

• Only about 50 times, and they always say: "who is this?", or "Joan, I know you're mad, but can you forgive me?" LMAO. I am not going to waste my time telling them what I think of that!

• Yeah, and we started talking about football and subway and shit. Was good tbh.

• Yup it happens. There are only a finite number of phone numbers per area code, so numbers do tend to get recycled.

I have accidentally texted someone whose number was changed and therefore the message went to someone else... but i've never been the recipient of one! :-P

• Yeah but she doesn't know that, she asked a damn question, you could have just said no, I don't know, sorry

• A girl texted me saying "I miss you so much!" so I said "Not as much as I have missed you." Being as literal as I could. Which shocked the hell out of her because I had been given her dead fiance's number. She had said she texted the number everyday after his death in hopes he might get them. So I had her tell me about him. Long story short I made her feel better and I still talk to her to this day.

• Yes. I also get called a lot.

• Got called by some randoms at 3am kiddos. I was like..
    "Why didn't I change it to silent"

What Girls Said 14

• Once or twice. One time during a crazy azz break-up when I had already yapped off all the ears of my friends, I purposely accidently texted someone with the wrong number hoping they would find my story juicy enough to give their 2 cents. It worked lmao

• yeah... some crazy dude... that would always text me.. and i would tell him i am not sonya! and yet he would still text... (that had happened to me before, where i had the wrong number, but upon finding out i had the wrong number i never insisted on getting to know the persons.. that's just creepy! lol) coincidentally he only lives 10 mins away.. but I didn't tell him that.. Then he started calling instead of text and i would tell him the weirdest things and he still wanted to meet me.. it was so weird and he started sending me photos.. it was interesting.. but I was not interested..

the only reason i believed him that he was actually trying to contact a girl sonya, was because i was repeatedly left messages from others asking for sonya.. but he was the only one after finding out that i wasn't sonya, that he still wanted to get to know me and such.. My phone fried since then.. and have a new number so no contact with that person anymore..

and something similar to yours.. i once was mad at my brother and sent him a text going off on him.. it was a very angry text ahahahaha and the person says "who is this?" and I say "stop acting stupid!" ahahaah and go off on him again... and then i realized the last two digist were flipped D: ahahaha i was like pizdetz! ... it was too funny.. then i wasn't mad anymore :D! i apologized :D! 😬 to the stranger person. 😬

• Lol, yup, and it was creepy as heck. When the guy figured out I wasn't who he thought he tried to hook up with me. Thankfully he backed off when I told him I was in high school at the time.

And, yes, giving directions is the worst.

Me: "Yeah, it's down the street from Whole Foods. Make a left at the light and keep going straight."
    Person: "Is that on South Avenue?"
    Me: "Hell, I don't know. It's by a grocery store!"

• When I was a teenager, it was very customary for young people to dial a random number in hopes to it being their desired gender and similar age.

Yes, the odds are stupid, but people constantly did it. For example, in Lithuania mobile numbers start with +3706_________, so people would just dial a random combination and try their luck.

At least this sort of thing was common back there and then. Not sure about other countries.:p

• Twice. The first one wasn't anything interesting, but the second one was a guy looking for his friend (he thought my number belonged to that friend), who had disappeared without warning from some club or something. We actually texted part way through the night about what happened, and he sent a follow-up text the next day letting me know they found the guy, haha.

• Yeah, I've had it happen a couple times. The one that stands out is when it happened while I was waiting for a college class to start. I was sitting outside the building and got a text that said, "Hey, you're looking real good today." Needless to say, I was creeped out. Thankfully, it ended up being that some girl gave the guy the wrong number. xD

• a close friend of mine her name is Alee texted me her number on facebook but i typed it in wrong but the person just went with it so we ended up texted for 20 minutes and then the real Alee texted me asking, "whats up? Its me Alee" and i was like whats going on?

• Not text, but calls. Calls by those loan sharks and banks and claim I haven't pay my debts but I told them they got the wrong person and they did not believed me lol.

• I ended up in the middle of a family feud one time after acquiring a new number. A couple weeks in I got abig long text from this random chick going off about the person she thought she was texting being an ungrateful bastard and her kids deserving better, life ND he needs to get his shit together etc. I texted back politely saying that whoever she's trying to get a hold of no longer has this number as I'd acquired it 2 weeks ago.

Well she didn't believe me and kept sending me these big long texts and I replied a couple more times clarifying I don't know her and then just gave up. We'll then she started calling and leaving voice-mails and screaming at me when I'd answer to put that bastard on the fucking phone. She thought I was some spank her brother was hooking up with instead of being there for her kids and shit. It got to the point where I finally ad to threaten to go to the police to end the harassment.

• Yes I have. "They didn't call me a bitch so it's not my brothers..." - best sentence ever. Lol, that's the kind of thing I say to my sister when I text her. I'm like "sup bitch", or "thottie". I do that stuff all the time. I've been texted before by someone who had the wrong number and I just let them know, haha.

• Actually yes. It was so damn hilarious.
    "Yo bro!! Thanks! You rock!! Thorsten thought the bone was turbo delicious. "
    First I was like dafuq O. o then I was cracking up XD

• Yes, it has happened plenty of times... A lot of the times it was a text asking for the same person, and I had already had that number for about a year lol

• I think it has happened a few times

• Yep twice. The first time was some random guy who wanted to keep having a conversation with me even tho they had the wrong number and the second time was a person trying to contact someone else for a second interview